[17] Horoscaped Don't Always Come True, but This One Did

The pain rushed through me, my head thumping, my cheeks saw. Mr Thomas holding her back, the anger still pouring out as she tried to break free from him and two sixth formers. Jealousy took over her ‘perfect’ world, Mark still questioning if I was ok. the crowd around us began to grow, people trying to get to the front, and teachers replying with the usual ‘there’s nothing to see here.’ but no one moved. Walk away was what I was always told; never react to what they do to you.

So my daily horoscope said I would remember how I earned my title as a best friend, but to be honest where was mine? Me and Carly had hardly spoken properly recently, she was too busy with her boyfriend, more than that I never got replied from the many text I had sent her. And right now I needed her. Taylor was being escorted to the heads office with the risk of being excluded right before her exams. The crowds had cleared and I was now left alone with a teacher refusing to leave. After constant nagging, I told her to back off and leave me alone I didn’t want the attention I just wanted to go home. She disappeared into the geography department a fowl expression on her face. I headed towards the school gates hoping to catch Carly before she left, but she had already gone. I was surprised to see Dan standing there waiting for me. We headed home hand in hand speaking about anything but what had happened only minutes ago. We stood hugging for a while in silence just outside of his house, a scream making us pull away from each other instantly...

“Miya!” A familiar voice screamed before it reached the corner; both me and Dan turned to see who the voice belonged too. Her sad face was red with tears rolling down her cheeks, she stopped next to the holy bush, still screaming my name. I ran and ran until I reached her, she collapsed onto the floor, curling into a ball still crying her eyes out. Dan followed behind me. I sat on the floor next to where Carly lay, hugging her shaking body tightly, she looked up to me, her mascara down her cheeks and her face bright red but her gaze fell from mine and her panicked eyes looked around the area we sat in. She stopped, her whole body frozen in my arms, the tears cascading out of her eyes again.

“What did you do to her?” Dan questioned as we turned to look at Ben, he was standing at the corner where Carly had appeared from moments ago.

“The stupid bitch wouldn’t do what I wanted.”

“This girl is not a bitch; she doesn’t have to do what you want her too either. Now I’ll ask again what did you do to her?” Dan was now up close to Ben attempting to stare him down while I comforted Carly.

“Like I’m going to tell you.” Ben sneered and I had to interrupt them both before Dan hit him.

“Just get lost, get away from her.” I shouted from the top of my lungs, he turned and ran back to where he came from. She was still crying and shivering her school jumper half undone. Me and Dan helped her up and back to my house as she wished, simply so her mum wouldn’t ask questioned that she didn’t want to answer.

“Hey Dan, your mum wondered where you went.” Sam said coming out of Dan’s house.

“Hey, erm, Sam, tell my mum that I’ll be back in a minute.”

“Where are you off to now?

“You can go.” I spoke softly as we got closer to my house. “me and Carly need to talk in private for a while, come back in about an hour, Sam can come too we just need some time alone.” I finished my sentence as I opened the door, the house was quiet but I knew mum would be in the kitchen, so we made our way up to my room unnoticed.

So there we were, me and Carly alone. I handed her a make up wipe so she could remove the mascara from her cheeks.

“Carly what happened?” I whispered as I sat on the bed next to her.