Hidden Secrets [51]

The point had come it was all going to end

Back to Miya's point of view

I had made it through the first night of being awake, and for most of it I just sat in bed and watched mum as she slept, I didn't feel the need to sleep, after being asleep for the past so many days, to be honest I didn't really know what day, or month it was, the sun shone through the gaps in the curtains as the nurse came into the room, and shut the door behind her.

"how are you feeling today?"

"better thanks." I smiled as she came to the side of my bed and began to take my pulse she fiddled around with some buttons on the machines and then headed to the foot of my bed.

"Miya, the police might be coming in today to ask some questions, so get some rest so you can answer them as well as you can."

"the police, who called the police?"

"I don't know, but they phone everyday to see if your awake, they phoned yesterday and we told them you had woken up and they said they were coming today."

"ok, but what is there to talk about?"

"if you don't need the police here then I can get someone to phone them and tell them they would be wasting their time." she said as the door creaked open and in walked Dan with a Costa cup.

"no, it's fine, I do have something to tell them." I replied after getting a smile from Dan, the nurse left the room just as mum began to wake up.

"the police are coming today did I hear?"

"yea, do you know who phoned them?"

"it was me, when you came into hospital I had no choice, he has to be put away." Dan said joining the conversation

"ok."

"the police don't need to come here, Will hasn't done anything wrong." Mum said standing up

"mum he put me in here, he put me in a coma for a week, and your still saying he hasn't done anything." I said trying to raise my voice but it wasn't going anywhere, then I felt a sharp pain again in my heart, but it soon passed, just as mum ran out of the door "she doesn't believe me does she."

"no I keep telling her it was him, but she just says he wouldn't do anything like this, he loves you both and wouldn't want to hurt either of you."

After another confrontation with mum the police finally showed up, the two men one bald and one with dark black hair entered the room and sat on the two chairs on the right hand side of my bed.

"can he stay please?" I said as Dan began to head out of the door

"if he will help you get through this then I suppose it will be ok." the black haired policeman spoke, Dan turned back around and sat back down on the chair the other side of me, I pulled myself up and got comfortable, and waited for the questions to come firing.

"Miya, is it true you are being abused?"

"yes." I choked

"can you tell us who by?"

"my mum's boyfriend Will." As I said his name I saw one police man look back through his notes

"ok so when did this all start."

"the very first beating, was the day after I got home from holiday with my mum, my best friend and her mum."

"what date was that? Just so we have all the evidence we need."

"15th of July." As I thought back to that day, I couldn't help but to grab hold of Dans hand and let out a single tear.

"and how long after that was the next one?"