[12] Seeing Him Again

“What are you doing here?” I said still stunned at who was stood right in front of me.

“Well, I'm talking to you.”

“No, I mean, here, as in Cornwall, you haven't been seen for months.”

“Well its called, I have a family who live in Cornwall.” He laughed “and I need to apologise.”

“Well what you did definitely needs an apology.” I spat recalling the situation

“I know, I know I should have apologised before I went away and now I thought that seeing my family would be the only way I could say how sorry I am.” I still couldn't believe that he was stood right in front of me, willing to apologise.

“Yea, well it’s a bit late for that now, four months down the line.”

“I know, it is but I'm here now, just listen to what I have to say, you know I never meant to hurt you.” He finished sentence and I told him there and then how I had only just began to trust him after I'd moved here and then he went and flipped it all upside down, he wasn't getting my trust, in no shape or from at all. “fine, but even after everything I still love you and nothing is going to change that.” He said after I'd finished explaining what he put me through, as after he had completely finished explaining himself, he leant down and kissed me. I pulled back and stared at him in disbelief. “I'm sorry, that was wrong of me, you haven't got a boyfriend have you?”

“That was most definitely wrong of you, because I have in fact got a boy friend.”

“Who?

“Dan Valentino.” His mouth dropped open as I said the words. “What?”

“I’ve got to go.”

“Ashley tell me please, don't leave me like this again.” I shouted but he was already running down the hill. I peered at my watch, I had about 10 minutes before the shop closed, so I ran.

I was relieved that when I reached the shop, Carly was standing in there with Ben and George. As I walked passed her I grabbed her arm pulling her away from Ben.

“Whoa Miya, what's up?”

“Ashley.”

“Ashley?” she questioned, while looking seriously confused.

“You remember Ashley Sanders?”

“Yea, the one who broke your trust again, when he left, without an apology after what he did to you? And hasn’t been seen since.” Her explanation was a bit long winded, but she definitely knew the right Ashley.

“Yes him.”

“What about him?”

“He’s here”

“What, where?” she stuttered looking around outside of the shop through the window.

“Here ins St Ives, he just tried to kiss me.” she gasped at my statement, and I explained to her the whole situation. And when I stated that I went out with Dan she squealed slightly. And in that moment I realised that I had to tell Dan that someone tried to kiss me, before he found out from somebody else. I finished at the shop and headed out with Carly, she came with me to Dan’s house, Ben and George following slowly behind us.

We walked up the path next to the empty driveway, and I was hoping Dan was home and only Mary and John had gone out, I knocked gently on the door  with Carly by my side, but there was no answer.

“I’ll have to text him and tell him I need to speak to him.”

“Good, well actually, now you're finally dating, maybe we should double date sometime, with me and Ben, no George, just us, maybe tomorrow?” She laughed

“Where are you going?”

“The cinema I think.” She said turning towards Ben.

“I don't know, I’ll have to ask Dan, but I’ll let you know.” We said our goodbye’s and she was off again, walking towards her house with Ben and George.

New message for Dan:

Hey :) Carly wondered if we wanted to go out with her and Ben tomorrow, to go to the cinema? And I have something I need to tell you, phone me when you can please. xxxxx

I waited and waited for a reply, had dinner, and waited a little longer, it came to 9pm and I still hadn’t received a reply or phone call from Dan, I began to think of reasons why, did he have any credit? And the worst, did he see what happened? I dragged myself up to bed at 12 o’clock, still with no reply.