[9] I Could Say It Was The Best Party Ever

Saturday 3rd February soon came around, dad hadn’t been home, meaning the house was quiet when ever I got up for school or arrived home. Mum was at work, she kept herself to herself, meaning that we hardly spent anytime together at all. Dan’s family were holding a moving in party, as they had finally finished the house. me and mum made our way round, the music turned up load and everyone from the street was here including some of their other family members, and friends, they filled every single room of the ground floor. I shouted Dan’s name over the music, when I noticed him standing in the corner, with a group of friends, each holding a can a larger or other type of alcohol.

“Hey.” He said walking away from them “how’s things at home?”

“Better now dad isn’t there.” I turned and looked around, “Carly not here yet?”

“No she said she was coming at about nine.”

“Sounds like I'm going to be the only girl hanging around with the guys then.” I laughed.

“Come on, they’re not that bad, I know they were last time, but I've spoken too them, ill introduce you.” He grabbed my hand and pulled me through the crowd back to the corner. “Everyone this is Miya.” I smiled as everyone turned to look at me. “Miya, you know Harry and Sam, and this is Luke, Darren, Jake, Tom and Stephen.” He said into my ear, while pointing at each of them, his warm breath against the side of my face was a disturbance to my butterflies in my stomach, I was falling for him, falling hard. I felt a sharp pain in my ribs, turning round I saw Carly, standing behind me with two bottles of Smirnoff, Dan introduced all of his friends to her, we talked for ages in the same corner, I didn't realised how long we had been standing there talking for because the music was turned down and the rooms began to clear.

I headed up to the bathroom and as I headed out, a couple of lads followed Dan out of his room, he stopped near me, they passed him and walked down the stairs leaving the two of us in the hall, alone. All of a sudden he pulled me in and kissed me, pushing me against the wall, I could feel the weight of his chest on mine, his arms firmly placed around my waist, his lips just brushing against mine, the music was still playing silently downstairs, a murmur of conversation floating around. my skin began to tingle as our kiss transformed from gentle to serious, then footsteps came running up the stairs, he pulled away, as I turned to see who they belonged too.

“There you are, I've been looking all around the house for you, I had to ask Carly where you where.” My mum said stopping at the bathroom door.

“I went to the toilet.”

“What for the past ten minutes?”

“Well.” I looked up at Dan, he was watching me his back to my mum, he winked and smirked slightly, I smiled back pushing him away from my personal space which I had let him enter only ten minutes ago “Come on, it’s gone twelve, and I want to get home, it’s been a long day.” She said as she began to walk down the stairs.

“Fine.” I called out after her, Dan stood in my way forcing me back against the wall, he leaned in for another kiss.

“Finished” I laughed, slightly breathless

“I’ve been waiting to do that all night.” He winked, then set me free following me down the stairs, mum stood at the bottom with my leather jacket in her hands, pushing it towards my chest as I reached her, I gave off a smile in Carly’s direction as Dan passed me. I left, walked out of the door, leaving her to guess what was meant by it for the rest of the night. I still had a slight tingling sensation on my lips as I pulled myself into bed.