Hidden Secrets [35]

Now I knew why

I made my way straight up the stairs, after saying a quick hello to mum who was tidying in her room. As I walked up the stairs leading to my room and Maisy's, everything was quiet but then as I walked up the stairs and got closer to the top about to turn to go into my room, there was a loud bang come from behind me, from Maisy's room. I dropped my bag and turned towards her room, knocking on the door as I opened it, I didn't think she was even home, she was suppose to be at her mums but I soon discovered she wasn't alone. There they lied with their shirts off and the boy on top of her with nothing but his boxers on which looked like they were going to be off any moment, my mouth dropped open as I look beyond me, they were both looking at me in horror.

"Maisy what do you think you are doing?"

"oh, uh" was all she could say

"you do realise what you are doing is illegal?"

"I know, but you and Dan do it so what's the problem?"

"we are old enough, and have been together longer than 5 seconds."

"and."

"your not old enough to do this, just because me and Dan do it doesn't mean you should."

"its all your fault." She said as Aaron got of her and started to rummage around for his clothes throwing hers at her on the bed.

"huh, what do you mean its all my fault?" I said in disbelief

"you shouldn't be doing it in the house when I am here, even dad said when he walked in."

"oh my god." Now I knew why he was doing this to me, she was the reason that I had to suffer from it all. I turned and slammed the door behind me a tear leaving my eye.

I sat on my bed and cried for an hour, got changed grabbed my bag put on my brown gladiator shoes and headed out the door and towards the cemetery.

I pushed open the gate and began to search for the surroundings I recognised, the breeze blowing the flowers in my hand which I had brought from Asda on the way here. I soon found where his grave lay, a small heap of mud still covering him, I threw out the flowers which had died, keeping every card each holding a special message, I washed over his newly placed marble grave and washed out the pots that held the flowers, replacing them with mine. Everything was now clean and fresh all tidied up from only four days ago. I opened up the paper I had brought placing it on the floor next to the headstone, sitting down on top of it to stop it from going anywhere and that's when I broke down all over again.

"Jack if only you were here, I really need you. I just don't know what to do anymore, I found out the reason why I'm being beaten by Will, mums new boyfriend, all because he caught Maisy and Aaron about to have sex and he blamed it all on me, yesterday morning he came up to my room." I sniffed as I remembered what happened. "he stood there with an angry look on his face I didn't know what to do, I tried to escape but I couldn't and now I have the marks that prove what he did to me, a bruise on my wrist and bruises on my stomach." I took a deep breath letting out another lot of tears. "Jack why did you have to leave for, can you not see how much I need you here now, and need your advice, I don't know what to do, no one will believe me if I tell them, he threatened me the first time he did it, the day after I got back from holiday with mum, Carly and Carol. He told me not to tell no one, and if I did he would hurt the closes person to me and him which is mum and I don't want her to get hurt, Jack I need your help." I cried out, a bird flying out of a tree as I did, the cemetery was quiet, apart from the sobs from me and the singing from the birds. "I did something stupid to take away the pain, I created more pain, cutting myself like I did the first time when Cameron left, I took it all out on myself all on my right thigh and now I have to hide it, covering it up to hide the scars so no one finds out." I cried out a bit more. "Jack please I know you cant do anything physically to help me but please do something showing me a sign that you are really watching over me and listening to every word I say, show something to me which meant a lot to us, help me find someone I can tell without mum getting hurt." I cried more, everything was silent again and then all of a sudden a big gust of wind came along blowing through my hair and all around the cemetery, a white dove flew out of the tree planted opposite where I sat, was this really a sign, a dove in a cemetery, something which meant a lot to us both, a dove, when we were younger we always wanted one as a pet, and always said we would call it hope. And then a cough came from behind me I turned to see Dan standing there with his phone in his hand.

"I knew I would find you here." he said softly taking a seat on the grass in front of me, I wiped away my tears and showed a smile. "what's wrong Miya, your mum said you've hardly spoken to anyone recently."

"nothing don't worry." I wanted to tell him, maybe Jack was showing me a sign that he should be the one I tell. But I couldn't.