[11] My Secret Wish Came True

The last week of school before the holidays went quickly, I hardly saw Dan that week. I slept round Carly’s on the Friday, as I knew that there was a chance dad was going to be home, she didn't mind, she knew I hated the arguments , so she allowed me to stay round there for as long as I wanted. I phoned mum at ten Saturday morning.

“Hello?” she said answering the phone in a tired voice.

“Hey, did Dan come home last night?” I said as murmuring came from the back ground, then there was silence.

“No he didn't, do you know what time you’re going to be home roughly?”

“Erm, no, it might be soon, I didn't bring a spare pair of clothes with me.”

“Ok, ill see you in a minute.” Then the phone went dead.

“That was weird.2 I said turning to Carly who had finally pulled herself up in her bed.

“What?”

“well I heard murmuring in the background, but dad didn't come home last night.”

“Strange, does she have another man?”

“No she would never cheat on dad, no matter how bed the arguments got, maybe it was nothing.”

“Yea, well if you go over now, you might find out.”

“You’re kicking me out?”

“No, but you want to know don't you?” and plus Ben just text me saying he’ll be round in a minutes, George is coming too.”

“Oh ok.” I took a breath before questioning her. “Does it get annoying knowing that whenever you see Ben, George always comes with him.”

“Yea, but I'm used to it now, George finds other things to do.” She said as we got down the stairs I slid my brogues on and my leather jacket, as I looked over the green, I saw the curtain to the lounge move.

“mum I'm home.” I called out but there was no reply. “mum?” I called up the stairs then she came out of the kitchen singing.

“Hi honey, you have a good night?”

“Yea, we watched a couple of DVD’s. Do you know when dads going to be home?” I questioned so I could plan to stay over at Carly’s then

“No sorry, have you had any breakfast?”

“No, I had only just got up when I phoned you, but that's a good idea I'm starving.” I said heading towards the kitchen.

“Listen you go and get yourself dressed and I’ll do you a nice bacon sandwich yea?”

“Mmmm, that would be nice, thanks.” I headed up the stairs, as I came back down, the backdoor closed, and the smell of bacon swept under my nose.

That weekend me and mum had a girly weekend, watching DVD’s, cooking and doing each other nails, just like old times, when we lived in London.

The first day of the holidays dragged by, mum was at work, Carly was out with Ben and Dan wasn't home. I hadn’t seen him since our kiss at his party last weekend, I entertained myself with my guitar, apple Mac and a few DVD’s as it approached 5 o’clock the dusky sky just showed the odd seagull flying around, doors slammed closed as I watched bride wars pausing it I peered out the window, Dan and Mary where home, with another boy around Dan’s age, I saw Dan turn his head towards the window, he could obviously see the light on, but just headed into the house, and I began to wonder if he regretted ever kissing me and the party.

Mum woke me up at 10, she sat at the end of my bed like usual as I pulled myself up.

“Have you seen Dan recently?” she questioned

“No, going to go round there today, was going to yesterday but he was out.”

“He’s probably missing them lips of yours.” She giggled.

“Mum!” I said aiming a pillow in her direction.

“I knew it was going to happen one day.” She admitted like she wasn't even afraid to admit her thoughts.

“What you mean?” I questioned, she went on to explain how she’d seen us looking at each other when we met, and she was going to say something then but decided not too. also that Carly had told her about what happened at the party, not all the details though! She left the room, leaving me to get showered and dressed.

I headed downstairs after my shower in my body wrap, on a hunt.

“Mum have you seen my navy blazer?” I said opening the door to the lounge, I looked around the door and there on the sofa sat Dan. I discretely left the room hoping he was so engrossed in the TV that he hadn’t noticed me.

“Ah Miya, you're down, I've been calling you for the past 10 minutes what have you been doing?”

“What does it look like?  I was in the shower, you could have at least come up to say Dan was here.” I said following her into the kitchen.

“Sorry, now what did you want?”

“My navy blazer, where is it?”

“Oh I think it is hanging on the rack in the dinning room.” She said as she washed another plate up.

“Great now I have to go and get it in my towel.” I huffed hoping that she would take the hint and go and get it for me.

“It’ll be fine, I'm sure he wont even notice you, the TV’s on.”

“Well lets hope he doesn't.” I said before opening the door to the diner/lounge, the door creaked slightly and he turned to look at me. “Sorry about this, I wont be long.”

“It’s fine.” Dan smiled at me as I hid round the Japanese screen, I grabbed my blazer and headed back into the kitchen and then up the stairs to get ready.

“Sorry about that” I said opening the door

“It’s fine, my cousin was here, well until he got freaked out standing at your front door, so he's back at mine, maybe you should come round later?” he rushed before he began to speak again “anyway the reason I came over was because I missed you.” He whispered as I sat next to him on the sofa.

“I missed you too.” I smiled, just as his face turned serious after my reply.

“Listen I need to sort something out between us.”

“What?” I began to get worried, it didn't sound good, it was the kiss I knew it was.

“The kiss on Saturday.” He said, I knew it, he’d regretted it, but why was he round here telling me he missed me?

“You're regretting it aren’t you?”

“No, not at all, it just showed how much I really want to be with you, so will you go out with me?”

“yes I will.” I smiled trying to hide my excitement, he grabbed my hand, leaning in for a kiss, his lips where warm on mine, the tingling sensations returning to my body again.

“Sorry, am I interrupting something?” Mum said as she walked in from the kitchen, making us pull away, my cheeks burning a slight pink.

“well I should go, my cousins waiting for me, I don't know what’s up with him or what we are going to do but I'm sure I’ll find something, I’ll see you later ok?” he laughed

“Don't leave on my account.” Mum said as she sat on the sofa with a cup of coffee. He pulled me up with him and we headed out of the lounge, hand in hand. Shutting the front door I leaned up against it, atypical girl thing. Mum questioned me about it as soon as I returned to the lounge, teasing me for the rest of the day.

Mum handed me the gas card and £20, I headed out of the house, no one around, the sky began to darken, it was nearly 5 o’clock as I walked up the hill to the shop. I was surprised at what happened next. That was when I bumped into him!

There we stood in silence for about 5 minutes

“Miya?” he said the familiar voice echoed through my brain “Miya Pearson, is that really you?”