1. leaving home

****6 weeks earlier****

I never sleep much, last night I kind of nearly skipped sleeping totally. Emily and I texted way into the night. And the rest of the night my mind was simply going crazy due to all of the excitement.

Today is the day, I finally get to leave this fucked up place behind me. To be honest I don't even intend on coming back, not even for a visit. Grams doesn't know yet and it's probably going to break her heart. I will just have to make sure to have plenty excuses and invite her down to Oxford instead.

Looking out of the window I can see dawn is breaking. Ok an hour and a half of sleep might be too little then again, I need to get used to it anyway. Seriously I am really not the type to get up early, but today it's a different matter.

Emily and I have set our plans and besides sleeping in after a great party, we haven't scheduled up for sleep.

Feeling restless I might just get up already and take a decent long shower while I am wide awake anyway.

My thoughts drift off to Emily, she has already moved into our new apartment on the weekend. It's been five years since I have seen her for real. Gosh that's a long time. We never drifted apart anyway. Thanks to modern technology it was no problem to still be best friends even living far apart.

We shared everything over the mobile or laptop. She knows every detail of my life and I know hers. It's going to be awesome to be together again. Only a couple of hours to go and I can finally hug her again. This is definitely going to be the best time of our lives.

Grams would go mad if she knew, what our plans as freshmen look like. Of course, I know I need to keep my grades up with a full scholarship there's no doubt I know I can make it easily though.

But what I really need is time with my bestie on parties, behaving reckless, simply being a normal student. I never thought I would ever think this way, well as life changed my plans changed with it.

Once I am finished showering, I already hear Grams in the kitchen. Surely, she is making me a way too big breakfast again.

All my bags are already packed, damn I forgot to leave something out for today. Shaking my head about my thoughtlessness I grab my suitcase and pull out some of my favourite stuff. I know Grams is going to hate this, but she'll only need to see it a couple of hours until I leave, so she can deal with it. Not that she isn't used to my style anyway.

Once I enter the kitchen, it smells awesome. Fresh baked fruit scones, crumpets with cheddar and scrambled eggs are waiting for me. Among with a pile of fruit and my black tea with milk and two sugar.

To be honest the scones and the tea would do me just fine. I daren't complain though, Grams would be on about me being way too thin.

Besides I know I am in for a rant first anyway and it starts as expected before I even get to take a seat.

"Samantha Jones, you are not going to leave for college in those clothes", she eyes my outfit with displeasure evident on her face.

"Grams, to be precise I am not leaving to go to college in these clothes. I am only going to my new apartment, so no big deal. College starts in one week's time and I am sure not going to wear it that long. That would be gross", I can't keep back a chuckle.

"Samantha, this isn't the attitude you should have to start a new life. You should make a good impression."

"You should know by now I don't give a damn about a good impression. It never helped me in the past. So; what? If people don't like it they can fuck off."

"Don't you dare swear in my house Samantha Jones."

Oh yeah using my full name twice she is definitely pissed off. Well I don't care as my clothes are my comfort zone.