29. Popcorn

After Evans left in the early evening Jake and I still had to get our homework finished. After all the excitement of yesterday and today, it wasn't easy as I felt too drained. Thank god it wasn't much left to do.

Once we are finished I realize, no matter how much I hated having to do this homework with Jake, it probably has changed everything between us. If it hadn't been for the homework, I wouldn't have thought twice about ever talking to Jake again in my life. It's funny how life sometimes plays games with you, just to set you straight.

Jake pulls me on to his lap once we are finished and starts kissing my neck ever so gently.

"Jake, I need to go home." Although right now I wish he would just keep up doing what he is doing, it feels amazing.

"Can't you just sleep here?", he asks while his lips brush over my jawline, causing a flutter in my stomach.

"No, I need to go home, take a shower, get changed and I am sure Emi is waiting for me", my sanity melting with every further kiss he peppers on my sensitive skin.

"Just give her a call, and wear some of my stuff. I have a shower here too you know", he whispers with a hot breath right next to my ear, nearly causing me to give in.

"My phone is dead and no I can't go to class tomorrow wearing your stuff", somehow, I manage to stay stern.

"Then at least give me a little longer to hold you", he pleads while pouting. Why is this so damn cute? "I've missed you in my arms far too long, I don't want to let you go just now. How about I sleep at your place then?"

"Jake let me talk to Emi first, before I let you sleep at my place."

"I've already slept there, without you having to ask Emi."

"Yes, but if you remember right you were a stranger in that moment. Oh wait, that sounds weird somehow and terrifying. What I meant, it wasn't you Jake. We three have a past together and I need to talk to Emi, before letting you sleep over."

Even if it sounds super strange and scary to bring back a stranger but not to bring back Jake, it's the right thing. The three of us have a long history, most of it was good, but it ended terrible. That's why, I need to make sure Emi is ok with Jake staying at our place.

"Great so you can bring strangers back, without even worrying about the consequences. But with me you need to ask for permission?", he rolls his eyes, but I think he does understand why I need to talk to Emi first.

As it's already dark outside, Jake insists on walking me home. He put a warm jacket over me too, which hangs like a coat on me. It would have been far too cold without anyway, but I think the main reason for Jake was to cover me up, as the dress is way too sexy. A little over protective he kept on telling me this evening I am only to wear this dress, if he is there to protect me. It's not that he minds me wearing the dress in front of others, I think he's just worried about what might happen.

Jake wraps his arm around my shoulder as we walk along, pulling me closer to him. I like this feeling, even with our history it makes me feel safe, warm, wanted and I simply love his smell. It feels so right as if it was meant to be.

"Was it true what you said to Evans this afternoon?", he asks out of the blue and he tenses up slightly.

"Ehm, I said a lot, you need to be more specific if I am to answer whatever you want to know. But generally, yes I said the truth with every word I said to him."

"When he asked you if you love me, you answered yes even if you didn't want to", his voice sounds curious and sad at the same time while breaking slightly.