9. ignoring him

I see he is staring at me while he comes straight to us.

"Hey Evans, you're here early today. Thought you need to work?"

"Yep, well I need to leave soon as I start working in two hours."

"You lost your shirt", Jake says mockingly.

Evans chuckles, "It was kinda my only chance of winning this battle today. You saw her yesterday. Thought I'd distract her a little, seems like it worked", he says while smirking dirty in my direction.

While Jake's look has changed, he is now glaring at me. "You staying Skater girl?", he asks in a rough voice.

I decide to pretend I didn't hear him and trail off direction Emily who now is staring at Jake.

"What the fuck?", she exclaims whispering to me.

"Sorry I know you were enjoying this, but can you help me get away from here asap? I don't want to exchange a fucking single word with him."

"Sure Babe, I'll take care of it. Just stay here and sit down for the moment."

She walks off talking to Evans pretending not to know Jake. God she is good, even better than me in ignoring him and I can see how pissed he is. His eyes trail over to me, scanning me, lingering on me for a moment then turning back to Evans. I see Evans nodding with tinted cheeks by the look of it and giving me a wave. Shortly later Emily comes back, hooks me under and lets me know we are to leave now.

"What did you say?"

"Just told them you are having period issues, blood pouring from the sport so fast you need to get home asap."

"You did not say that?", I feel the heat radiating from my head totally flushing.

"It was the easiest way out, no guy wants to hear or talk about that. And they sure don't want to get caught up in blood running down your thighs."

"Gross Emi, this isn't just horrible to listen to. It's totally embarrassing."

"Come on, nothing to it. It's simply a girls issue."

"Yes, and if you might have just said I have a girls issue, it would have only been half as embarrassing", I grit out.

"Stop complaining, I got both off your back, right? By the way the next time I am coming too, there are some very delicate guys here. And Evans dropping his shirt, was so worth it. I'd walk a fucking ten miles in these heels just to see it again."

I laugh out loud at my best friend. My mouth is big, but she's like a monster in comparison to me.

"Oh, by the way, while you were skating, I got an address for a party tomorrow night from one of the guys. He says those parties are always epic. So, guess where we are spending our night tomorrow?"

"I'm so in. I need a decent amount of booze and maybe some guy who has nothing to do with my ex."

Just in case Evans should check up on me, we decide to head straight back home instead of strolling around. We decide to pick up some fish and chips on our way home and drop in at Tesco for some munchmallows and a big bar of aero peppermint. I definitely need it tonight.

"I need something funny tonight. How about repeating Sex Education?"

"There's no hot guys in that", Emily complains. "And stop drowning your fish, it's dead already."

"First of all, it would be impossible to drown a fish and secondly you know I need my vinegar. Oh, and there might not be hot guys in it, but it's sure funny."

"I love vinegar too, but you just added nearly half a bottle to that fish, gross. You might as well drink it."

I won't tell Emi, but I do sometimes put on an extra amount just to drink it off the plate in the end. Jeez I simply love my malt vinegar. Yeah, I know that's damn crazy, but why be normal?