55. Being unusual traditional

A/N: Just so you don't get confused, this chapter will be divided in first Sam's and later Jake's POV and this chapter is freaking long in comparison to the others. Like freaaaaaking long!

10 months later

Sam:

One week to go and I am a nervous wreck. Today is the day to pick up my wedding dress. Yes, me Samantha Jones who hates wearing dresses is going to wear a dress on my own free will even all in white and all traditional. Jake and I tried to figure out the perfect wedding for us, we did have some crazy shit in store. But then we both realized, for once we wanted it to be traditional. Even my crazy soul who hates all this fancy stuff, has realized when it comes down to the actual wedding I want to have at least a part of it traditional. Today is my final fitting, Emi and Tracey are in tears when I step out of the changing room. Much to their pleasure we are being served Champagne. Seriously we should drink plenty of that stuff by the price of this dress.

"You think he's going to like it?" As this dress is so way out of line for me, I feel very insecure all of a sudden.

"You kidding me Sam? Shit look at you, you are going to look amazing. Of course he is going to love it. Even Jake wanted this traditional. And remember the look on his face when you wore that awesome evening dress on that charity ball you went? I promise you, his eyes aren't going to leave you one second. Besides the look of our sweet little Cara with her dress last week was soooo..... my god she is going to look so cute and adorable in that dress, I want one like that too", Emi sighs.

One thing is for sure, on the wedding there will be fights between Emi and Evans about who is allowed to take more care of Cara. Godmother against godfather and Cara has them wrapped around her tiny fingers.

Emi and Tracey try on their bridesmaid dresses too. I wanted them to decide for themselves what to wear and not for them to wear typical horrible bridesmaid dresses, making the bride look prettier. They chose a pastel blue long silk dress, plain but very pretty.

Cara has a cream coloured dress, with loads of tulle on it, a red silk ribbon around her waist and one for her hair. Ever since she has seen it, she thinks she is going to be a princess.

The worst thing for me is wearing heels again, it's even worse ever since that accident. I'd rather wear my Chucks underneath the dress and told Emi no one would even see it under the long dress. Besides it would already make up for something old. Yes, another tradition I am sticking to, something old, something new, something borrowed, something blue. But Emi said she would kill me if I wore Chucks underneath my beautiful dress.

Once the dress is packed in its bag and safe and sound in the car. We stop at our favourite cafe for a hot chocolate with Baileys and marshmallows. Something I could still die for and it soothes my mind far better than the Champagne, poor Evans is playing our driver today as we knew we'd be in for alcohol. This is the only alcohol we will be drinking before the wedding. Jake and I both decided we didn't want one of these bachelor/bachelorette parties. A normal party we can both attend together, fine. But we've both had enough of these useless parties without each other. Yes and perhaps I am glad he doesn't want to crash some strip clubs or whatever and does god knows what. We had plenty time for that in those five years we were apart.

Reaching home Jake comes walking over to me, with sleeping Cara on his arms. My heart swells each time at this sight. Curious he takes a glance at the bag of my well packed dress.

"No way my Love, you need to wait until our wedding", I make clear before he can even try.

"But you aren't even wearing it. Just let me have a small sneak peek", he begs.

"You can have a small sneak peek of something else Skater boy, but not of this dress", I give him a seductive smile.

"Ok, suck the dress. I'm bringing Cara to bed and getting my sneak peek then", his voice sounds rough already making me giggle.