48. Jake's POV needing her

This weekend has been a torture, knowing Sam being away with Evans, spending time back home for a whole weekend and to top it off where Michael is. Even if Evans is trying hard to fix things between Sam and me, I can tell he still feels an awful lot for her. What if she falls for him too after everything which has been revealed? Would he still resist? I couldn't blame him if he doesn't, this girl is a one in a life time girl.

At least I knew she would be safe with him. Last night he texted me something happened with Michael and he felt like killing him and the others, but that Sam had kicked his ass in.

Worried I tried getting more details out of him, but he told me to be patient he would tell me the whole story personally in peace. On the one hand I'm worried sick about Sam, worried about how this might have affected her again. Then again, I would have love to seen Michael's face. If it really was Sam, who kicked his ass in, it would have been hilarious.

Evans texted he'll be back at about 4pm, for me to come about 5pm. I can't wait to hear the full story from him.

Fucking cunt I swear if Michael ever tries to harm Sam again, I'll go around there personally and make sure he can't harm anyone in his life anymore.

*****

Walking up the stairs to Evans I can already smell Indian food. Is there any chance Sam is still there? She loves Indian food. Then again, Evans will have told her that I am coming. Evans opens only seconds after my first knock.

"Wow that was fast. Were you waiting behind the door or something?"

"Ehmm no, just wanted to bring something away. But I can do that later."

"You eating Indian food today?", I question.

"Yep Sam, wanted some. So we ordered some together. She told me what you like, I got yours here too."

"She here?", I ask full of hope.

"You mean if she's here in the apartment right now? No sorry mate. She left with her portion as she didn't want to bump into you."

So we are back to ground zero. Somehow after Friday I had hoped she wouldn't try to ignore me completely. While eating my portion of chicken tikka masala, Evans tells me all about the weekend.

Michael that fucking bastard! "I'm going to kill him", I burst out full of anger.

Evans calms me down a little and I even have to laugh about how strong and stubborn Sam reacted. It will be good for her, to have put Michael down by herself. When Evans tells me how frightened she was the night prior to beating him, I know she needed this. She needed to defeat him herself. Not Evans doing it, not me doing it, it had to be her. Doesn't change the fact I still feel like killing him. That sick bastard needs to learn a lesson.

No idea what it is, but ever since Friday I have the feeling Evans is trying to hide something from me.

"Did anything happen between you and Sam?", I ask and hope to get this weird uncertain feeling away. A feeling which is stirring me up deep down inside.

"No, I held her in the arm to comfort her, as so often in the last weeks. I swear Jake, nothing more happened between the two of us. Fuck I am not going to lie to you, so I am telling you the same as I told Sam on Friday. Jake I really like Sam, I have strong feelings for her, but you two love each other. You two belong to each other."

"You told her that?", I don't know whether to be angry or feel relieved he's being so honest. To top it off the thought of him holding her is killing me.

"I did. Now don't get this wrong what I am telling you now, ok?", ok what the hell am I in for now? Did he kiss her? Did she kiss him? Was there more? I nod, to let him know to go ahead. "After what happened with Michael in the pub she was frightened and wanted me to stay in her bed?"