37. Halloween awakening

After skipping classes yesterday, Jake and I worked even harder during classes today. As his parents are paying his fees, his grades aren't quite as important as mine with a full scholarship. I have noticed he still works hard for his grades though. Just through coincidence I found out he passed the last year with A levels in most classes and he always works ahead of classes. That sure took me by surprise, I am nearly sure none of his friends know how clever he really is.

While Jake picks up some stuff for the party tonight, I head to a hairdresser to have my hair dyed. Jake wasn't very fond of me changing my hair colour as he loves my hair as it is, he says. Well that's for him, I am actually really looking forward to my new hair colour.

It takes me about an hour at the hairdresser, as promised I quickly send Jake a message I'm on my way home now.

"You're fast", I chuckle seeing Jake already stood in front of my door.

"Couldn't wait to see you. By the way your packet with these angel blades has just arrived."

"Thank fuck, we really need them, to make it perfect", Jake laughs and shakes his head about my enthusiasm. "By the way they are called seraph blades."

"Whatever, main thing is we look smashing together. By the way I love your real hair colour, but to my surprise this looks really good on you too."

Relieved he does actually like it, I give him a big smile. "Thanks."

As soon as we close the door behind us, Jake chucks the stuff in his arms aside and kisses me until I feel all dizzy again. Gosh I am sure this isn't good for my blood pressure, every time he does that my heart rate speeds up like hell. My death certificate will probably state kissed to death or something like that.

Seeing as we still have five hours left before we need to attend the party, Jake and I decide to make the best out of our time. My god, this guy sure knows how to treat my body and has found every single fucking sweet spot of mine by now.

Lying naked in his arms, Jake draws circles over my skin on the arms while his eyes are locked with mine.

"What the hell would I have done if you hadn't come to Oxford, if we hadn't met at Evans party or had classes together?" The thought seems to be stirring deep down inside him.

"You'd be lying in a bed of some random other girl right now and wouldn't waste a second thought about me", I try to sound funny to take his sudden tension away. Although the thought does hurt me.

"I hope you know it's not true, well at least not the last part. That's not the point though, I mean the last few years I've fucked around alright and you know why I did it. I'd still be lost without you and unhappy. For the first time in years I feel great Sam and it's all because of you."

Enjoying his arms around me, I snuggle even closer to Jake. It's weird how only a couple of weeks have passed since I've moved here and yet my whole life has changed. Not in the way I had planned and expected but in an even better way.

"Hey sleepy head, time to wake up", I hear Jake's voice. Instead of opening my eyes I simply pull my covers over my head and groan with disapproval. I must have fallen asleep.

"Go away."

Jake chuckles. "You are going to miss a Halloween party you have been looking forward to my Love. I mean I could get naked again and we could do what we were doing earlier on for the rest of the night for all I care. But if I remember right, we did want to celebrate our first Halloween party since years together."

"Oh fuck off Jake, get me a coffee first", damn right I am terrible with waking up. The last few times next to Jake weren't that big of a deal, perhaps it was because he had his arms around me while we were naked. This time he wasn't in bed with me anymore and I am back to monster Sam when waking up.