chapter thirty three

Long chapter, ugh it took me hours. Please vote and comment! Not edited, enjoy. I can't wait to write the next chapter. :D

Monday . . .

My mother walks into my bedroom, finding me ready for school. She's holding the black book in her hands, "Thank you for returning it." I nod and walk out of the bedroom, accidentally bumping my shoulder with hers. She missed took it as if I was mad and she speaks again, "Flo, I know that you know I've been hiding things from you, but its better if I keep it that way. You keep doing what I'm asking you to do and you'll be fine."

"Okay." I reply, giving in whatever she says since I don't want to argue so early in the morning. I had a big headache. It's Monday and even though I hate this day, at least it's a new day. Today, I'm planning on going to the mysterious place Zayn left in a paper. The address is in my pocket and I won't let Harry know about this - I am very sure he wouldn't let me go even if I ask him to go with me.

Yesterday, after Harry's rare breakdown, he brought me back home before my mother was here. Therefore, it was easy pretend that I didn't go anywhere. Later at night, he came back and slept on the chair, and then before I could wake up he disappeared.

"I'll see you after school, right Kemyss?" My mouth sounds begging and scared. I almost feel pity for her.

"After work, actually," I scratch the back of my head, hoping she wouldn't argue with that. She nods remembering that I have to work for a phone and help her out in what she needs.

"After work." She repeats sternly. "Please, come home after work. Supper today will just be the two of us, like it always has been."

"Mum," I sigh. "Please stop waiting for me for supper."

"Why do you want me to stop? Look at you Flo. You're not the girl I raised, you seem so thin, fragile, and I miss you." She is being so sentimental and it hurts me she doesn't know what's going on. The death of her mother is making her be more overprotective and sentimental than usual.

"I'm okay, mum."

"I know you're not." She whispers, cupping my face, and staring at me as if she could just find something from staring. I force a smile and squint my eyes.

"I am fine." I assure her.

"Do you want me to take you to school?"

"Nope." I kiss her cheek, "Bye."

She grabs my wrist, pulling me to her chest and hugging me. My arms automatically wrap my arms around her waist, smelling her scent. It has been way too long since I hugged her and felt real love.

"I love you."

"Me too," I whisper.

She lets me go and rubs the palm of her hands together, "Just letting you know tomorrow is your granny's funeral. I know you don't like those things, but I was wondering if you wanted to still come."

"I'll... think about it." The last thing I say before leaving the house.

As I walk down the sidewalk, I look around just being sure no one is following me. I push my hands into my pocket pants. I'm wearing jeans today, for some reason I'm not feeling the skirts today.

"Good morning, Flo! You're walking to school?" I turn to look at Jasper, sliding down his window. "I thought Harry was taking you everyday."

"Mum doesn't want me close to him." I simply answer.

"Ah. Well then, Get in the car," he says and stops the car so I could get inside. I knew he was going to pop out, "Ey, nice jeans."

"Thanks, they smell like dusty cabinets."