chapter fifty eight

H.

"I need a change of clothes." Flo says as we walk out of the greenhouse, but I think she's just saying that to change the subject. I ignore her as I keep walking toward the farmhouse, but she goes on. "Can't keep showering and using the same ones. I have blood stain on them." She presses.

"We can't go back until further news."

"I can't keep wearing these!"

I stop my tracks and tower her, crossing my arms against my front. My mind isn't functioning by the fact that Jasper took advantage of my girlfriend. I'm on fire and I only have mood to kill, so I take a deep breath and don't take my anger on her. She's gone through so much; I don't want to fill her plate.

"We'll buy clothes today. Better?"

"I left my wallet at home."

"Same, but we could steal Louis' money." I smile, mischievously.

Flo shakes her dead immediately, not agreeing with my idea, but I don't care if she's not okay with it. I'm stealing the money as I'm going to stay here and send her to Alaska, but of course, I won't tell her that. 

She rolls her eyes and walks pass me, walking up to the front porch. She waves at me, "You're not coming in?" She asks, and my dirty mind starts making up dirty jokes that I could use as a reply, but again, I'm not in the mood.

"I'm going to stay here." I shrug, "I need to calm down."

"You should because I am okay." She grabs the doorknob, "I promise."

I know she's not. She's not shining like she used to before.

She's not a sun anymore. She's a dim light; little by little all of this is taking away her brightness. It's all my fault, she knows it's my fault, everybody knows it's all my fault, and I just want to make it better. I want to be a hero, but I don't know how.

She closes the door behind her and I wait a couple of seconds to make sure she isn't coming back. After counting to ten, I run back to the green house and grab a piece of wood, destroying what's left inside. I groan, scream, yell and curse Jasper's life. I hope she doesn't hear me or I'll stress out even more.

"You wild animal, what are you doing here?" I hear Louis say, and I don't bother to turn around. I punch the wall and rest my forehead against it. My breathing is fast and I can't control it.

"Are you okay, Harry? Did something happen?" Stanley is here too.

"Get the fuck out here." I say breathlessly, almost choking.

"You get out first." Louis says. "This place is mine. You destroyed what's left of it."

"I don't fucking care."

"This belonged to my grandfather. Get out of here."

"I need some time alone." I turn around. "I think I might die if I don't calm down."

"Harry, you have the animal characteristics that makes you very welcomed by these animals in the barnyard."

"Shut the fuck up."

"Also, if you don't mind, we're going to leave the farmhouse for a couple of weeks. We're on a mission, well, I am, but Stanley is going to be my 'get- away' car."

"So are you kicking us out?"

"No, we just want that if you leave and come back while we're gone, make sure you don't leave easy trails that might bring Jasper here. That asshole thinks I'm dead."