chapter fifty

I open my eyes to see a white light and I begin to hear beeping sounds. I move my hurting head and meet a pair of familiar eyes. My mother is staring at me worriedly and she caresses my hair, "I'm so sorry." She whispers, tears streaming down her cheeks.

"She's awake?" Peter asks, walking into the room. "How are you feeling?"

"Where's Harry?"

"He's not here." She says.

"And why are you here?" I ask her coldly.

"We went out looking for you and we saw you on the ground looking dead and a man just hurting you. What were you thinking going out there! You almost died!"

"Wish I had," I croak, "I wish I had died. You would be okay with that, Harry would be okay with that. After all, I'm going to hell. It's nothing different from this life."

"You mean so much to me Floella and I'm so sorry for all of this." She sobs.

"I want to sleep." I say and she takes a step back, nodding.

Both of leave me and I close my eyes, feeling so weak. My body is aching but not worse than my heart. Where is he? Does he miss me?

-

When I wake up for the second time, I get out of bed, trying to ignore the pain. I feel like I'm going to die. I walk out of the room and see my mother with Peter and the boys in the waiting room. They don't see me when I walk past in front of them and down to the hallway.

I need to escape this place and see Harry.

"Ms. Kemyss?" A doctor stands in front of me. "What are you doing out here?"

"Just pretend you didn't see me. I'm feeling great. I'm leaving." I move pass him and he grabs my wrist.

"Ms. Kemyss,"

"Let go of me!" I scream and I'm pushed down to the floor. I scream again but in pain. "Let go of me! I will sue!"

"Floella!" I see my mother and the doctor injects me, making me fall asleep.

-

"Are these scars going to be there permanently?" I point at my face and the nurse next to me shakes her head.

"You'll be fine. Do you want to watch television?" She hands me the remote and I turn on the tv. The first channel is showing the news and before I change it, I hear something intriguing.

"This just in, Desmond Styles has escaped prison-"

"No, no, news," she grabs the remote and changes the channel. "How about, uh, SpongeBob?"

I stare at the television in shock. Desmond escaped? Does this have to do anything with Harry leaving me?

-

The next couple of weeks have been hell. My mother is treating me like a child. At least, everything is going well with my mother and me. Peter, Dylan, and Ry have treated me very good too. However, nothing takes my mind off Harry. I miss him so much. So freaking much.

-

Next month, I'm working as a deliver at restaurant to get my mind off things and have money to pay for college next month.

I don't know anything about Harry, Liam, or Charlie.

I still feel like Harry is watching me, as if he's been following me like he always do. Last time, walking back to my house in the night, I could feel someone following me and when I turned around, there was a figure of a man. I only said Harry and he walked the opposite way. I ran after him and he was nowhere to be found.