chapter forty

Oh, crap.

I never expected this to happen. I gasp, and Harry unarmed protects me. His movements are quick and before I could register, his hand pulls me closer to his back, almost making me bump with it. I try to look with widen eyes over his shoulder; sure, my hot breathing could be felt on his neck. Jasper makes eye contact with me.

"Can someone explain what the hell is going on between you two?" He gestures the both of us with the gun. He doesn't have the right to question us and demand answers with a gun. Last time I checked, he didn't put a ring on my left finger.

A breeze blows to my direction, bringing the scent of Harry into my nostrils. He always smell so clean, his clothes smell like laundry soap - and I come back to reality. Right. Jasper is threatening us in front of my house and other's houses too. It's such a shame no one is outside except the three of us.

"Turn around and continue with your life, Jasper. This doesn't have anything to do with you." His voice rasping with anger. I grab his upper arm just incase he wants to fight him; he will end up dead that's for sure. Jasper is scary and right now, he has me feeling terror.

My stomach is pooling with hotness and nervousness. Why can't we just leave without any more problems?

"I see you have a suitcase, Flo. You're my friend, right? Can you to tell me where he's taking you?"

I open my mouth.

"Don't answer him."

"Stop telling her what to do!" Jasper shouts. "Where is he taking you, hm? I'm very sure you didn't agree to this. He's always manipulating you."

Oh, he's right.

Harry got me hypnotized. I don't really care anymore.

"My mother found yours drunk last night, it is your fault." Jasper says. "If it wasn't for her boyfriend and my mother, a car would have ran over her. She was right there..." he points at the streets, "crying and screaming. I got her into not calling the police because I knew you were with him. I didn't tell her that because I know you're intelligent enough to send him to hell and continue being the Flo everyone knows."

Jasper doesn't know about my two days left. The Flo everyone knows has been forced to be someone she's not. I look back at the streets and imagine my mother drunk. I feel pity for her; she didn't drink since I was eleven. It's not my fault. I didn't want to cause any problems; I just don't have a choice. Every reason, every consequences that are affecting me leads to Harry's unknown actions in his past.

"You're the one manipulating her right now, telling her that it's her fault. You're trying to make her stay."

I feel hot acid in my stomach.

"I don't feel good." I croak, turning around and putting a hand against Harry's stolen car. I clutch my stomach.

"Tell me where you're taking her. I deserve to know because I care about her and I know you're not good for her."

"And you're good? You're worse than me."

"At least she knows who I am in reality, a fucking sadistic."

"You sound proud."

"Tell her, Harry. Tell what you did seven years ago."

"I didn't do anything."

"'course you did. You're just like your father. Also, tell her what your father did. Tell her, damn, I would love to video tape this moment. TELL HER." He sounds aggressive, "You know what? I agree with Michael and the other two knuckleheads you don't deserve to die. You deserve to live death."