chapter twelve

I think this is a short chapter. Anyway, as you know Evan Peters is Jasper in the story so this why I put a gif of him :) Vote! Comment!

-

Did I just hear my mother say that this chap right here wants to be a priest?

He pulls off a smile, exposing the dimples on his cheeks. Proud of the comment he said, he tilts his head to the side and intertwines his fingers above the table. In the four seconds glimpse I got from him, I noticed how beautiful he looks smiling, but he instead uses a frown every day. This is all an act.

Looks can be deceiving; he could have fooled me too so I don’t blame my mother. If you look at him, you don’t notice his tattoos since he is wearing a white shirt with long sleeves. And after all, when you see a criminal you don’t need to know him, you just see their face and run away, but Harry’s face can trick you.

“Good morning, thanks for the reminder.” I toss the fruit into the trash bin next to the kitchen’s island. I peek back to see my mother who is charmed by him. I sigh and look back at him, “Oh and don’t worry, I can walk, it’s not that far.”

“Flo,” My mother holds my hand, “take his offer… don’t be rude. He came all the way to here to take you.”

“You have to watch out next time, mum. A man can just walk in and say whatever they want to just rob or kill us,” I don’t mean to offend him but I tell her this now because Michael can just knock on my door, say that we’re mates and kill me and my mother.

“Honey, what’s up with that attitude towards your mate?” I roll my eyes and shake my head, “She gets cranky in the morning. Don’t worry, Harry.”

Harry?

“Yes, Harry.” He says acting like if I was dumb, “You told your mother my name was H and I corrected her. If you didn’t like my name you can call me Edward, it’s my middle name.”

My mother chuckles, “You’re Harry Edward what, honey?”

“Styles.”

The room goes silent for a moment before my mother takes off her apron, making it a ball and throws it on the counter then she runs away excusing herself. I crease my eyebrows, holding the apron in my hand trying to find something. Why did she run off out of nowhere?

“Is she okay?”

“I don’t know. She never runs off like that,” I put it back. “I want to check if she’s okay but…” I look over to him, “I’m not sure if I should leave you here.”

“You don’t trust me? It’s not that I’m going to rob or kill you two.”

“By the way, the reason I didn’t say your full name was because I didn’t want my mother knowing about you. If she ever finds out the real you or the real Jasper, she might have a heart attack.” I shake my head, “A priest… out of all things!”

“Hey… if I wouldn’t have said that, your mum wouldn’t have let me take you to school. If I tell that I want to be a priest, she’ll understand that I don’t want anything sexual or a relationship with you.”

“Just go home,” I sigh, “Didn’t I tell you to leave me alone?”

Harry’s cheeky grin suddenly fades away and he stands out of the stool. He tries to walk towards to the other side of the island where I’m standing but I take a step back, letting him know that I don’t want him near me.

“But…” he takes a deep breath, “What did I do? You just pushed me away that night and I didn’t do anything wrong. You took your anger with Jasper on me and now you don’t want me close to you.”