chapter thirty seven

I drink the last of it. The two unfinished mugs of coffee, misplaced in the kitchen. I can clearly hear the unstopping rain outside, the droplets aggressively hitting against every window in the house. But it's silent. It's quiet, it's very dark also. The sky is gray almost dark like nighttime, and it's only seven in the morning.

Liam and the maid, went back to the room right after I came, I kind of interrupted a make out session which I think that's the reason they left me here; I invaded their privacy.

I trace my finger over the top of the island. I smile softly as I sit down to think about a certain man.

"I love you."

It can be replayed in my head repeatedly and I won't miss out the delicateness of his voice when he said it. Every time I hear it in my head, I feel like it's the first time.

I bite my bottom lip and kick both of my legs in the air, and cover my face. I can't believe he actually said that... to me.

I stop for a moment and realise that it might be one of his tricks to make me say yes.

The thought of him using those important words to manipulate me makes my stomach twist and my cheeks burn in anger. He would be capable of it. He's capable of anything.

And my mind drifts off to the laboratory where I stepped in, and start to wonder why Zayn wanted me to go there.

When I start to jump into conclusions, heavy steps are heard around the stairs and in a second or two, Harry walks into the kitchen.

"Hey." His voice is raspy, and breaks a bit. I curl my toes as my stomach start to flutter by his presence.

My fingers slightly shakes... I've never felt this before. What is wrong with me all of a sudden?

"Hi." My 'hi' is long and shaky. I start thinking if he found that disturbing.

"You're awake so early," he is cleaning his wet face with a towel, like he just got out from the bathroom.

"So are you." I rub the palm of my hands together.

"Yes because I didn't hear you in the room. It was completely silent." He explains.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I frown.

"You snore."

I raise my shoulders and cover my face with a hand.

"That's so embarrassing." I say under my breath. "Really loud?"

"Not like a man, but you just do," he then stands next to me and puts an arm around my shoulder. I try not to think that he's shirtless, and his skin is so hot, "Smells like coffee. Did you make coffee?"

"No, the maid did. I just drank the last of it."

"Hm." His hand roams down my back and I freeze when he stops above my bum. "It's raining." He simply states.

"Yeah."

"Did you think about what I said last night? I really want it in your head," he murmurs.

It's in my head alright, I can't stop thinking about it that I couldn't even sleep.

"Sure." I say with nod.

I notice that he is staring at my finger that is weirdly rubbing the table.

"Are you okay?" He holds my finger and I quickly pinch my hands between my thighs.

"Perfect."

"You're nervous. Do I make you nervous?" he whispers the last part near my ear, sounding like a jerk. My knee starts to bounce.