Chapter thirty one (Hunter)

It had been a fucking hour and my angel had not returned. Yes, I was angry with her but I still loved her and I was worried. No cars had pulled into the parking lot and she had disappeared into the main office. I grab my gun and stalk out of the room.

I needed to leave her and end this shit. Then I could come back to her and we could live in peace. I swing open the door and the air conditioning felt good on my hot skin. It was super hot for August in Nevada and I was already hot and angry.

I heard her laughter and I walked in the back. Mrs. Susie and Ava laid on the floor and just one look at her and I could tell she was beyond wasted. It threw me back to when I first saw her at the club drunk off her ass. She smiles at me and I stare at her. "Hunter, babe."

"Ava what are you doing?" She points a finger at me and slurs her words. "I got mad. So I drink and I have thing to say to you. Fuke you." I burst out laughing and scoop her up as she beats on my chest weakly. "Fuke?" I asked. She narrows her icy eyes at me and takes a swig from the bottle in her hand. I take it away and set it on the table.

I leave the room bring Ava with me and leaving Mrs. Susie to sleep on the floor. "I not sorry." She mumbles sleepily against my shoulder. "Yeah, well I'm not either but I love you." I remind her but all I get is a loud snoring noise. I laugh and swing open the door to our room and set her down on the bed.

I took off her shoes and placed a glass of water by her bed and winced when I opened the bottle of aspirin. We were almost out and the next store wasn't for got knows how many fucking miles.  I count out my stash of money and was relived we had more than enough. I glance back at the sleeping girl on the bed and pull out my passport.

It had to happen soon. This girl had to go home and I had to leave. I fingered the gold chain around my neck and nearly put a fucking hole in the wall. Fuck this was so frustrating. I stare at a map and knew the next place we had to go. Camille. She had been to England and now she had to be back in L.A. If she wasn't..... she was dead.

I felt a small sting of loss as that thought crossed my mind and I decided we would stay here for the rest of the week. Today was Saturday. We would head back to L.A and stay in Camille's safe house and then I would figure out what to do from there.

I closed the map and put the money and the passport away. I laid down next to my girl on the bed and thought of my mother and sister. Lillian would pay for her actions if she got caught with her girlfriend and my mother was stuck being my asshole fathers muse. And here I was keeping my life safe and trying to leave her at the same time.

My family was really fucked up.