Chapter nine (Hunter)

I watch as she paced the room taking our dirty clothes and putting them in the basket Mrs.Keith had given her to do laundry. "Are you okay?" I ask her. Ava's face was a mix of anger and disbelief. She looks up and simply says, "Yeah I'm fine." And walk out of the room. I frown and head downstairs.

Mrs.Keith was scurrying around the kitchen cooking something that smelled so good. All I had for the last month was fast food and junk. Mr.Keith was playing with his two young sons as they used him as a jungle gym. I smiled and pull on my old basketball cap. "I'm going for a run." I tell them. Mrs.Keith waved at me with a spoon.

"You better be back for la cena (dinner) chico or your comida will be cold." I smile and add and innocent  sí to go along with it before I'm off. I remembered this neighborhood vaguely so running wasn't too difficult. I hadn't ran in a while but after five minutes of ready to give up my body seemed to adjust.

I had a lot on my mind. Ava and her anger was one. My father was next, and where the hell are we going after this, was third. Ava could have been mad about anything so I wasn't I worried. My father could be doing anything and I had no idea what his next move is. Suddenly a black jaguar rolled slowly down the street. Fuck. Lillian. This was a real bad idea.

I seen her hair in the front seat when I turned the corner she followed. I kept running as if I had no idea she was there. When Amira came into my sight. Her friend was with her and this was the perfect opportunity for me to escape. "Hey lover boy!" Amira calls. I calmly slow and wave as if I knew her.

Her and her friend smile and I do most likely the dumbest move in the history of moves. I kiss Amira.
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
Needless to say, my sister drove by without stopping. But now I was so fucked. I walked in just a dinner was being served and I barely heard Mrs.Keith yell at me to put on a new shirt. I had cheated on Ava. The girl that I love so fucking much.

Fuck. God this was bad. I stumble down stairs and just my luck Amira was home for dinner. I sit down at the table and barley notice the plate of steaming chicken placed in front of me. I was barley in the convo until Mrs.Keith spoke up. "Hunter, why are you quiet? Is my food no good?" I choked on my saliva for three seconds but then Amira spoke up. God no.

"He seemed fine this afternoon when he kissed me." Her words kill me. Time stills and all I see is Ava. Her fork drops on her plate and her eyes widen. Her face turns red, then white, then her icy blue eyes turn to steel. "Ava." I choke out. God I'm fucking pathetic. I could see Amria's self satisfied smirk. Ava pushes away from the table. Mrs.Keith glares at Amira and her father looks like he's ready to rip her in two.

"Excuse me." Ava chokes out. The two younger boys frown and look at each other worriedly. Only five and six and even they can see I fucked up. She dashed up the stairs and I follow in suit. "Ava please listen." My excuses fumble around on my lips and Ava tries to slam the bedroom door on my face, but I stop it with my foot. "Ava I'm sorry." Ava doesn't look at me instead she picks up a knife and throws it at me.

I shoot out of the way and watch as it imbeds itself in the wooden door. A really fucking good shot. But I don't say so. "Ava-"
"GET THE HELL OUT OF MY FACE." She nearly screams the words and I reach for her but instead she rejects me and slaps me. Fuck I deserved that and it totally hurt.

"Ava if you would listen to me." She shakes her head. "I don't believe anything you say get out." I open my mouth but she points to the door with a look of fury. If she had another knife I wouldn't be so lucky. I turn and walk out like I'm told.