Chapter twenty nine (Hunter)

I watched Ava as she ran a brush threw her hair. She hadn't commented on her morbid night and it made me a bit nervous. She had just killed someone and she was acting normal. I stared into space like I was fucking lost. Ava came over and sat next to me on the bed. She held onto my hand and looked at me. "How are you?" Her question caught me completely off guard.

"Yeah I'm fine, I guess. I mean, how are you?" Her icy eyes were open and clear. They held love and adoration for me but they also looked a bit lost as if she didn't know what she was doing. "I'm fine. I miss home." I groan and pull her to my chest burring my nose in her silky hair.

"I'm so sorry." She looks up and glares at me. "I chose this." I sighed and was going to let it go but what I had to do was stressing me the fuck out. "I know but that's what kills me. You had to make a life altering decision and it makes me feel like it was my fault." She sits up and one look at her I know I'm in for it.

"I chose this and I know what I'm doing okay?" I frown and move off the bed to pace the floor. "Fuck, Ava you have no idea what your doing. What I told you just covers the fucking surface. You keep saying you miss home, you miss home but then you come back with "I chose this" and it's bullshit because this is all my fault."

"Stop blaming yourself. I did choose this and I just miss home. And I'm sorry I keep saying that. I just don't know if I'll ever return." She shouts her words and I run my fingers through my hair and tug at the roots. "Do you fucking regret this?" She hesitated for two seconds to long. "No I don't. But I-" I slam my hand down on the desk.

Months of fury at my family pour out of me. "You fucking do. I knew it." Every insecurity that I had about letting people in came rushing back to me. "Don't lie to me Ava you can't." Her eyes widen and she jumps up and slams her hand into my chest. She had never gotten violent and this scared me a bit.

"Right because no one can lie to you Mr. Big-shot. You'll find out, and sniff out the truth no one gets pass you. Hunter, I have given up everything because I love you and this is what I wanted. I say I miss home because I do. Not because I regret this." She was so angry it was really a sight to see. She was drop dead fucking gorgeous even when she was pissed.

She backed away and put on a pair of shoes. "Where the fuck are you going?" I spit. There was no way she was leaving. "Out. I'm not leaving I need space." I reach for her but she turns away and slams the motel door in my face. Fuck. There was no way I could leave her.