Chapter twenty five (Hunter)

"Long time no see." The words come naturally and I don't have to think about it. Ghost was always my father's go to asset after Marco died. Ghost was thrilled to finally be number one. "Hello Hunter." His greeting was pleasant but I wasn't fooled. I knew what he was here for.

"You've gotten good you know. Your father seems to be always three steps behind." I was done playing games. My pulse was steady and my hands were dying to punch some thing. "Let's skip the fucking greetings Ghost only one of us is gonna walk away."

His bushy eyes brows raise. "Indeed. But is it gonna you or me?" I drop my gun and raise my fists like fucking Rocky. "Let's handle this like men not fucking boys." I spit. He drops his gun and raises his left hand in an order to come over. I do and don't hesitate to throw the first punch.

My hand crunches against his jaw and he snaps back with just as much vengeance. His hand strikes across my nose and I hear it before I feel it. He broke my nose and the blood pours onto the concrete. "Fucking dick." I spit out. I snap my nose back and curse repeatedly. I slam my fist into him and he falls to the ground.

I straddle him and land repeated blows on his face until he manages to shift his weight and then it's my turn. He lands punch after punch and my eyes become swollen shut. He pulls back and reaches into his pants pocket. And pulls out a good old fashioned knife. Fuck. I was done. Ava would never be happy and I failed to return to her.

Fuck this sucked. He lowers the blade to my throat and I take a good look at his face. Black and blue marks had already started to form and he had blood smearing his face. I had gotten really good hits but it looked like he would get the last one. He adds more pressure and I grin. "Tell my father I said hello." I tease. Fuck dick. Just as the knife cuts skin blood spatters in my face.

Only it wasn't mine. Ava stood a few feet away, her small hands shaking as it gripped my small pistol. She falls to the ground shaking and begins to sob.