Chapter sixteen (Ava)

We drive for hours and I sit in silence not even moving. Three hours later we pulled into a gas satiation. Hunter sits in a parking spot and turns towards me. "What is it?" He asked for the thousand time since this trip started. "You tried to leave me." I choke out. His hand runs over my hair and I lean into his touch.

"I wasn't trying to leave you, I was trying to end this. Ava if I kill him, it's all over. You can go home."
"Yeah well what if he kills you huh? I won't go home, I'll die and even the slim chance I have or running away won't work. He will just find me." Hunter frowns and I touch his hand. "Let's get gas and food and then go to a nearby hotel. We can figure out our next move from there."

"Fine you stay." He orders me. I do as I'm told and wait patiently for him to come back. I didn't know how he found us and I certainly didn't want to know what his father was going to do now. I missed Rose and Kristen. I know Rose was spending her summer vacation getting ready to help her mom run her cosmetics business and Kristen was going to run things on Broadway.

Where was I? On the run with my hot boyfriend. My parents were still in Paris and I'm sure they were worried about how I was doing. Hopefully things would be back to normal before they came home. Hunter comes back to the car with bags of candy, trail mix, sodas and some waters. He hands me two breakfast sandwiches and slides in.

"They're still hot so let's eat and I figured out where we are going next." I take a bite of my sandwich and look at him patiently. "My friend Zach, is staying at a house about twenty miles from here. His mother is on a trip and won't be back for three weeks. I figured we could stay there for two and figure out our next move from there.

I nod still enjoying my sandwich and Hunter backs out. "Hunter, are you waiting for him to come to us?"
He frowns. "No, I wanted to go after him, but you told me to stay." I nod and look out the window thinking of how selfish I was. Sure I wanted life to return to normal but I could lose Hunter for good. That was not something I wanted. "I love you." I tell him. "I love you too." His response is immediate and makes me feel I little bit better on making him stay.