Chapter ten (Ava)

I was angry. That Amira bitch had no clue who I was. Angry and betrayed. Why would he do such a thing? Was I a distraction? Someone that he could hold and touch while he fantasized about a other bitch? God I was pissed. There was a knock on the door and Mrs.Kieth came in.

"Oh chica." She said. I felt moisture on my cheeks and she came over next to me on the bed. "I'm so sorry." She rubs my back and says, "Boys will never learn. So dumb. Do not realize what they have until they leave." I look at her warm brown eyes. "Are you saying I should leave him?" The very thought sends a rippling pain through my body. It was worse than when I broke my ribs.

"That is up to you. If he make same mistake again, then you leave. He no worth it." I nod knowing she is right and her logic makes sense. "Amira is big trouble maker. We found her on the streets and took her in. Now all she interested in, is boys and sex. No respect she has for herself." I frown. "She is in trouble and is grounded. I about to send her back to those child people."

"Mrs.Keith do you think I should forgive him?" She hesitates and simply says, "Well that is up to you, but if it were my Rick, yes I would forgive. Maybe not forget but forgive." I take a breath and she gently rubs my back again. "You need to think." She tells me and then leaves me alone shutting the door as she leaves.

I had so much to think about. I loved him. I really did. But Camille and now this? I get up look at the window. Hunter was sitting in the front yard with the Keith's two younger boys. Hunter looked sad and worried. Good he should be. I opened the window and was surprised to hear the conversation was about me.

"Where's your pretty girl?" The six year old Adrian asked. Hunter rubs his hands through his hair. "She's taking a break right now." 
"Because you cheated?"
Hunter hesitatingly mumbles, "Well yes but I had a good reason." Adrian frowns. "What's the reason?"
"Someone saw me that shouldn't have so I pretended to be someone else." Adrain looks at him confused. "Mamma always tells me to be like myself and to not worry about the people who don't like it."

I smile. This kid six years of age was very wise. "Well this is complicated. Come on let's go see what your brother is doing." They wonder off and I shut the window and return to my spot on the bed.
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟
I must have fallen asleep because before I know it Hunter came in around twelve. I roll over and watch as he undresses. "I didn't mean to wake you." He whispers. I don't respond just watch as he takes his pillow and a small blanket.

"Where are you going?" I asked.
"To sleep on the floor I didn't think you wanted me next to you or even in here for that matter." I sit up in the darkness. My anger has subsided some. "You can lay next to me, we need to talk." Hunter sits down warily. "The knife is still over on the desk." I assure him. He smiles and I couldn't help myself as I smile back.

"I'm sorry ba- Ava but Lillian was rolling down the street and I had to throw her off if Amira wasn't there, I think I wouldn't be here either."
"So that's your excuse for what you did? God that's pathetic." I spit out with venom. So much for keeping cool. I lay down and he follows in suit. He looks at me and I stare coldly at the ceiling.

"I'm still angry and this is gonna take time I guess. But you did what you had to do."
"I'm so sorry." He pleads. It breaks my heart a bit. I roll over and come eye to eye with him. Hunter's eyes were hurt and I gently stroked his face. "I love you." He tells me. I smile even still a bit mad. "I love you too."