Chapter twelve (Ava)

The car ride over was about twenty minutes and was filled with chatter. "My mother loved dancing. All she did was dance. My father however did not, so it was hard for them to be with each other." I listen to the story loving the way her accent makes it so much more interesting.

"My mother would dance in the kitchen and my father would yell saying it's not right for her. She would ignore him but then she meet Agoston. Very handsome, and a dancer. She fell in love again. I was thirteen at the time. My mama told me how much she loved him and told me she would love to take off. I told her to go ahead. Follow your dreams. I will handle papa."

"Did she take off?" I asked eager to hear the rest.
"Yes, she left her things took some of her clothes and kissed me goodbye. She gave me her most prized possession. A pair of chandelier earrings. Mucho money. She left and my father woke up and she was gone. She leave behind a note that say, "I am following my dreams."

I grin at the ending and Mrs.Kieth continues her story. "I meet Rick six year after that. Mi papa was not pleased. He was a foolish man. I ran away with him and now I happy."
"Did you ever see your mother again?"
Mrs.Kieth hesitates before pulling into the parking lot of a decent size building.

"No. She preforms with troupe but I never see her. But too sad to think about come on let's go in." I get out of the car and pull my baseball cap over my eyes. "There should be no one that knows you, it's all old folks." I laugh at her point and walk inside. The air conditioning felt nice on my hot skin. L.A was brutal during July.

The girl seated behind the front desk greets Mrs.Keith with a smile and thankfully doesn't look at me. I follow her down a narrow hallway filled with windows. You could see inside the studios each were filled with dancers. I stopped at one and watched a young girl be swept off her feet by a young boy. "It's is amazing no?" Mrs.Keith has noticed I stopped.

"They only eleven very talented, some of the best people we have here."
"They are pretty good." I admit. Mrs.Keith pulls me along the the last studio where about twenty old couples waited. I sat on a chair on the edge of the room and watched. The couples were very nice and they smiled at me and waltzed around the room. Mrs.Keith kept the rhythm with her hands and it was a really fun class to watch.

One man even twirled me around, saying that young bones need to move once in a while. His wife agreed. And the best part? No one recognized me.