Chapter twenty six (Ava)

I drop the gun and kick it away. I had no clue what I was doing. I knew he was hurting Hunter and that pissed me off. I just killed a man. I didn't even think about it. I just shot him. I sob and through my haze of tears I could see Hunter reach out for me.

I flinch away but he reaches for me again. "It's okay." He held me and repeated that phrase over and over again. I shook in his arms. Sobs rack my body and I see the guy's body through my haze of tears. I scream and scramble back on all fours, breaking Hunter's hold on me.

He reaches me and I see Mrs. Susie waddle out of her office with a shot gun in her hand. She was looking for the threat. I was the threat. Wasn't I? Hunter's shouting but I cover my ears with my hands and close my eyes. I felt myself being picked up but I didn't open my eyes or even move. I blacked out.
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

I woke up I'm not sure how much later to Hunter staring at me worriedly. I sit up and I stare at him blankly not sure what he was so worried about. Did something happen? I then see the shallow cut on his neck and everything crashes back to me like a tidal wave. I fall back onto the bed with a gasp. He reaches for me and I grasp his hand.

I squeeze my eyes shut. "Say something." I beg. His voice was low and gentle as if he didn't want to hurt me. "You did the right thing." I wince. That wasn't exactly what I needed to hear. "He was going to kill me Ava." I finally open my eyes and look into his stormy ones. "Shower." I mumble. I scramble off the bed and grab his shirt and shorts.

He follows me to the bathroom wordlessly and I strip ignoring his presence. I wasn't mad at him. I was terrified of how many times I would possibly have to shoot people. Hunter takes off his pants and I climb into the shower as he follows in suit. He was silent for a minute or two until I turned to face him.

I stare at the blood on his face and the mark on his neck. I run my fingers over the cut on his cheek all the way down to the cut that could have possibly ended his life. My fingers trembled and he pushes my matted hair away from my eyes. I brace my hands on the back of his neck and pull him down to me. "Kiss me." I plead. He closes his eyes and shakes his head.

"Not the time." He mumbles. I press my naked body against his and press my lips to his chest. "Please. Hunter I need this." Hunter groans and flings his head back drenching his face in water. His curls hung in his eyes. "Please." I whimper. He fights his mind an then leans down and takes my lips in his.

The man I just killed was gone. Hunter's father was gone. I was lost in him and pulled to a place only he will ever be able to take me too. This was real. There was no walking away from this. No escaping. We had been through too much. There was no way we would ever be able to leave each other.