Chapter five (Hunter)

I watched her as she crossed the small room brushing her hair, with a frown on her beautiful face. "What is it?" I ask her. "My parents." She admits. I still and think about the L.A life she had that I so selfishly plucked her from. Ava set down her brush and walks into my arms.

I hold her for a minute smelling her floral shampoo. "I'm so sorry." I say. Ava looks up at me. "Sorry for what?"
"For taking away what you had."
"That was my decision Hunter. I chose to stay with you." She reminds me her grip loosening on my back.  "Yeah I know but it's still my responsibility." She backs up her icy blue eyes annoyed.

Ava and I never fought about anything before really. This was kind of new. "Nothing is your fault Hunter. I CHOSE this." I run my fingers through my hair and  sit down. "I know but -" I run out of words and she lays down on the opposite side of the bed. "I don't wanna argue about this anymore. This was my decision. Goodnight." Ava says frostily. I don't say anything as she turns out the light and rolls over.
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

I lay there all night not exactly sure what to do. Ava had told her parents she was going in vacation with a friend from school and it could possibly have no cell service. She must miss them. Ava hadn't moved from her position for hours and I know her sleep was on and off. It was around four and I was sitting by the large window.

Ava sits up the covers pooling around her waist. "You shouldn't sit by the window." She repeats the words I had told her so many times. "Sorry couldn't sleep." I tell her. Her smooth black hair was ruffled and she spun it up on the top of her head before walking over to me and sitting on my lap. "I'm sorry for snapping."

Her apology surprised me. I didn't expect it. "Don't be. This shit is stressful as fuck." She smiles and kisses my neck. "Yeah, we should leave tomorrow though." Ava suggests. I look down at her. "I think it would be best. Maybe we should go back to L.A." I think about it for a minute. We had left the city nearly a month ago. It was almost the forth of July.

"Where would we go?" I asked. Ava runs her hands through my hair and says, "We should get our own apartment." It really wasn't a bad idea. "We can put it in your name and I can make the payments. My parents wouldn't even notice if it's regular and not luxury." The risk was to large. "Ava, no it's a bad idea I'm sorry but it's not-"
"Safe I know." Ava finishes for me, but her touch does not cease.

"I love you." She whispers. "As I love you." I remind her. And that's when sleep finally hits, right there by that damn window.