Chapter thirty (Ava)

I was livid. Scratch that. I was murderous. I had just killed a man after all. But the thought of  killing Hunter put me through so much pain I nearly collapsed in the parking lot. I had no idea what I was angry at. But I was mad. He was always blaming himself but then throwing that in my face.

I found myself standing in front of Mrs. Susie's desk. She looked up and her brown eyes brightened at my presence. "Hey sugar, you need somethin?" I bite my lip and considered saying no but then I changed my mind. "I need a drink." She raised an eyebrow but smiled.

"Oh I got you darling. Come with me." She brought me to a small back room. It had a table and two chairs. There was a small tv in the corner with a beanbag and some toys. There was a counter that held a mini fridge and a microwave. Cupboards lined the walls and Mrs. Susie reached in one and pulled out a bottle of liquor.

"Take a seat darling. We can discuss our terrible significant others." She pulls out two shot glasses and slams them on the table. "How'd you know it was that?" She waves it away with a flick of her hand. "It ain't that hard to figure out dear. You came storming into the room like you were Hurricane Katrina.

She takes a seat across from me and pours two shots. She picks one up and holds it and I mimic her actions. "To our idiot men." I laugh. "To our idiot men." I repeat we clink glasses and down the shots. She smiles and I instantly trust her. "Now tell me all about why the hell Hunter is givin you all these problems."
🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

"And when he purposed to her she said, "Hell you didn't seem liked you wanted to propose to me when you fucked that chick in your office yesterday." Mrs. Susie howled and I burst out laughing taking another shot. It had been awhile since I had felt so loose and so relaxed. If Hunter's father burst in here right now, I would be so gloriously fucked. And hey that's alright.

I wasn't sure how long it's been since I walked into this room. Hours maybe minutes. But Mrs. Susie was telling me stories of when she used to work in New York in a major business company. I was beyond wasted and the thought of Hunter no longer consumed my mind. At the thought of Hunter I downed another shot.

Hell, the bottle was almost gone. "Tell me the story about that Jenny bitch again." We both burst into hysterics and Mrs. Susie mimics the woman who tried to steal her husband. We were on the floor at that point laughing at nothing. I felt........free. And even hopeful. But I didn't want to think about that.

I kick up my feet and tried to roll over but it didn't work and Mrs. Susie and I burst into more laughter when we saw my failed attempt. I sigh and took a swig out of the bottle at this point. I felt so relaxed. That is until I heard loud footsteps coming down the hallway.