Chapter seventeen (Hunter)

I pulled up to a house made of cubic dimensions and all glass. "So modern." Ava points out and Zach was standing at the door. "Did he know we were coming?" She asked. I shook my head no. I got out and walked up to Zach. "I figured you guys would be here sometime this summer."

"Can we stay?" I asked. Zach sighed and cocks a hip. "Only for two weeks then your out." I smile and hurry back to the car to help Ava with the bags. We walk back up to Zach who leads us inside. "Hi, I'm Ava." Zach looks like he's seen fucking god. "Honey I know who you are. And I'm Zach, Hunter's one and only friend."

I scowled and Zach pointed up the stairs. "Go up take a right and there is a room right there. Ava come with me I have to talk to you about that green dress you wore to your dads movie premiere." He pulls her away and I head up the stairs. Next to the stairs was all window. Outside there was a pool and a hot tub which Ava and I were so going to be in later.

I don't bother to unpack instead I think. We were about three hours away from L.A. Marco might have been loyal as shit to my father but I don't think he knew anything about his personal life. I head down the stairs and stop at the kitchen door way when I hear Zach say my name.

"So how is Hunter?" Ava hesitates before answering. "I'm not really sure, We wouldn't even have to show up here if I wasn't selfish. He could have killed his father and I could have gone home." I frown. Ava opened her big mouth, but even though Zach was going to be a sophomore, he wasn't stupid.

"Why didn't you let him go?" Zach's voice was light but had a slight edge to it. "Because what if he dies? I'll never see him again."
"Ava, you run that risk everyday your on the run." My girl sighs and I glare at Zach as I round the corner. She was upset enough she didn't need this shit.

I kiss hair. "Zach where is your mom?" Zach raises an eyebrow at me. "She's on a conference thing in the heart of the city." I run calculations through my head and play with Ava's hair at the same time. My father didn't know anything about Marco's personal life, so the chance he would look here was slim.

"Hunter." Ava cranes her head back to look at me and I meet her eyes. "Yeah sorry." Zach had left the room and I was still playing with her hair. "You seem upset." I didn't know how to respond to this. I was fucking upset. Not at her. At my father. "Just thinking of where to go next." She nods her head and I go back to playing with her hair and looking out the window.