Chapter Thirty- We're Soarin', Flyin'

Dan

Crash.

I glanced up from my phone where I was texting my friend Xavier. What the fuck?

Catiously, I made my way into the kitchen. This felt like dejavu. It was weird. I rounded the corner and gasped slightly.

Phil was standing there, looking disgruntled and confused, like he didn't know how he had just gotten into my kitchen. Phil glanced at me and smiled brightly at me, "Hey Dan." He said cheerfully.

"Hi? What are you doing here?" I asked, looking him up and down. Yeah, I was checking him out, so what? He was my boyfriend, after all.

Phil shrugged, "Ari zapped me here."

I chuckled, "Oh. I wasn't expecting you. I would have cleaned up if I had..." I blushed slightly.

The kitchen was a mess. I hadn't been bothered to clean it after Phil had supposedly killed himself. What was the point?

Phil grinned, "No worries, it's fine re-" Then he stopped and stared at me.

I cocked my head to the right, "What?" I glanced over my shoulder, but saw nothing out of the ordinary.

"You... You have wings." He whispered.

Oh. That makes sense. He wasn't an angel anymore. "Yeah. One of the perks of being an angel." I smiled at him.

"So it's true?" Phil gasped, his mouth hanging open.

I nodded, "It's pretty cool. Come here, I want to show you something." I held out my hand. He cautiously took it. I walked him over to the balcony. It was around 1.20 in the morning, so no-one was out.

"What is it?" He asked nervously.

"Just hang on." I breathed and jumped up, spreading my wings out and diving down.

Phil gasped as we fell, obviously scared out of his mind. "D-Dan..." He stuttered.

"Sh, it's okay. nothing's going to hurt you." I whispered, holding onto his hand tightly.

We were flying back up into the sky now, dipping back down occasionally. It felt amazing to be able to fly again, I hadn't since I saw that Phil had killed himself. I glanced over at my wings and shuddered. The little muscles that connected my wings to my back were ground down and all the feather stripped. I remembered how I had tried to saw them off, not wanting to be an angel anymore because it reminded me too much of Phil. Crazy how that had only been a few nights ago, and now he was back in my arms. Except for the fact that Phil's human and can't remember me, my life is perfect.

I gently landed back onto the balcony and let go of Phil. He stumbled back slightly and gripped onto the railing, "Woah." He breathed.

I grinned at him, fluttering my wings a bit, "You're welcome."

"Did we used to do that together when we were... Angels?" Phil asked, ruffling his black hair and turning back to go inside the house.

I frowned slightly, "No. There was always too much going on."

"What do you mean?" So they hadn't told him about how he was a dark angel.

I sat on the couch and pulled him down next to me, "Look...." And then I explained everything.

Phil

I felt Dan studying me as I took in his information. "So I was some sort of mutant?" I whispered.

Dan flinched, but didn't answer. I took that as a yes. "Phil..." He started, but I cut him off.

"Dan, it doesn't matter. That was the past, this is the present. I'm here with you, and that's all that matters." I told him, smiling. Dan grinned at me.

I glanced around the flat. I could just barely remember living here. About sitting on this exact couch and singing all the songs to High School Musical with Dan. I remembered the various small fights we had about what to watch, and what to eat. I remember that I was happy here.

"Good. So, what do you want to do?" Dan grinned sheepishly at me.

I raised an eyebrow, "Really Daniel, really?"

Dan blushed slightly, "I- Uh... That wasn't what I meant..." He mumbled.

I laughed and felt my breath hitch when he took my face in his hands and crashed his lips onto mine.

I really don't care that I couldn't remember him, the only thing that mattered was that if felt right being with him. Like we were... Soul mates or something.

So, I hope you enjoyed that! Criticism welcome in the comments below! Leena out! BOOP! *brofist* Stay classy Danosaurs and Philions <3

Also guys, do you know that I've had over 12 000 reads on this story and it's 2nd when you look up Phan :O THIS IS AMAZING, YOU GUYS! When I started this, I thought it would get like 10 reads, not 12 000! Also, I've written 30 chapters. 30 CHAPTERS! O.o This is just unbelievable, really. You guys are the best readers IN THE WORLD!

Also, I know this chapter is crappy, but it's just a filler type chapter. I wrote it in LITERALLY 10 minutes, so yeah. :D <3

Title: Breaking Free by High School Musical :3