Chapter Four- I May Or May Not Be In Love With You

Dan

Megan was right, I did love him. I walked home in the rain, getting soaked through, but I didn’t care, I was too caught up in my thoughts.

“Hey, idiot, watch out!” An elderly man cried, I jumped off the road, just in time. A huge truck came rumbling past, almost taking me out.

I bit my lip, and then head off towards home. Towards Phil. I hoped he wasn’t at home, that would be bad. I would say something and ruin everything. Why did Megan have to say it? Everything would have been perfect, God, I hated her.

“Dan?” I spun around and saw Phil under an umbrella, smiling slightly. “What are you doing here?”

“I-Uh, I just broke up with Megan, and I was walking home...” I looked at my shoes, which were soaked through.

“Oh, dude, I’m sorry. Did it go alright?” He walked up to me, covering both of us with the umbrella. I was too close to him for my comfort. I stepped away and he looked at me, hurt covering his face. “Dan, what’s up?” He brushed his hair away from his face with his hand and I saw the red scars on his pale white skin.

“I... Don’t want to talk about it. Can we just go home?” I started to walk, then looked over at Phil, “Why were you out here?”

Phil was suddenly interested in his shoes, “No reason. Come on, you’re soaked through, let’s go home, hey,” He put the umbrella over me again, this time, I didn’t move away.

“Dan... What’s wrong? You can tell me.” Phil asked me softly, sitting next to me on the couch. I was watching TV, trying not to look at Phil.

“Nothing...” I tried to sound convincing, but failed. Phil raised his eyebrows and I put my head in my hands. “You’re going to hate me.”

Phil put his hand on my back, “It can’t be that bad.”

I flinched away from his touch. “It is... I-I think I like you...”

I could feel Phil freeze and a tear rolled down my cheek. I’ve ruined it. I’ve ruined everything. I’ve ruined our friendship. Why am I such an idiot!?

I glanced at Phil and saw him staring at the TV, grinning like a retard. “Phil...?” I was confused, really confused.

“I thought I was going to have to say it first. Thank God.” Phil sighed.

“Wait, what? What are you talking about?”

Phil looked at me and smiled, “I’ve liked you for as long as I’ve known you.”

I stared at him, “Really?” Phil just smiled at me.

“We’re soaring, flying, there’s not a star in heaven that we can’t reach!” I sang loudly in my bedroom, over joyed about what Phil had said. He likes me. He actually likes me.

“Dan, shut up! I’m trying to sleep!” Phil cried from the next room over, banging on the wall.

I laughed, “Sorry!”

I fell into bed, grinning like an idiot and slowly drifted off to sleep.

I woke up, startled. Something was wrong. I quickly climbed out of bed, “Phil? Phil?” I called, but there was no answer. The house was unnaturally quite, and I didn’t like it. Not one bit. I walked around the house, calling Phil’s name, but again, there was no answer. Where was Phil?

I finally came to be outside his door, I put my ear up to it, but there was no sound from within. I bit my lip and pushed open the strangly heavy door and gasped.

There was many things wrong with his room. One; the walls and windows had been replaced with plants, and roots and leaves snaked all over the floor. Two; A knife lay, discarded, in the corner of the room covered in blood. Three; A body lay in the corner of the room, blood poured out of many wounds.

My heart started to race. Oh god, oh god, oh god. I crept over to the body, slowly, feeling the vomit that was coming up my throat. It was Phil. I knew it was. Something-someone- had killed him. I kneeled down next to him and buried my face in my hands. “Phil.” I cried.

Dan?” A strangled voice said. It sounded mutated, like an alien on a crappy movie.

I glanced up and saw Phil’s bright, blue eyes staring at me, but instead of white around the eye, it was red. It made it look like his eye was bleeding.

P-Phil? Wha-?” I didn’t get to finish, because at that moment, Phil sprung up, put his hands around my neck and twisted.

I woke up, panting and sweating. What the hell was that dream!? It was so... Messed up. I could remember every detail of it, but Phil’s eyes stood out the most. The horrible, horrible eyes. I shuddered and shuffled out of my bed, still groggy from my nightmare.

“Phil?” No answer. I frowned, “Phil?” I called out again, but there was still no answer. “Phil!?” Where the hell was he? I walked around the house, searching for him. When I didn’t find him, I called him, panicking slightly, luckily he answered.

“Hello?” He asked, sounding annoyed. I wondered why.

“Phil? Where the hell are you!?” I cried.

“Oh, shoot, sorry Dan. I had to go meet my mum this morning, I thought I left a note.”

“You didn’t.” I relaxed a bit, knowing that Phil was alright and not kidnapped or killed.

“Sorry! I really thought I did! Well, I have to go, bye!”

I hung up and slumped down onto the lounge, closing my eyes and falling asleep again.

This chapters a bit weird, and I'm sorry. It might have something to do with the fact that I'm writing this at 2:03 in the morning, but meh. xD So, I hoped you enjoyed this weird chapter. Critism welcome in the comments! Leena out! :D