Chapter Three- Megan, You Bitch.

Megan

I couldn’t believe Dan stood me up! I mean, how dare he? I know he was going through some tough times with Phil, but he could have at least called to tell me he couldn’t make it, at least then, I would have taken someone else.

I glared at the ground, contemplating whether to ring Dan now, at the restaurant, and yell at him, or wait until I get home. I’ll just wait, I’m going to go in a minute anyway.

“Miss, is this table free?” A man with a thick french accent asked. He was holding hands with a pretty brunette girl who looked like she had a little too much to drink.

“Yeah.” I moved away from the table and went out the door, the cold breeze hitting me like a slap in the face.

I caught the taxi home, basically jumping in my seat. I was so angry, I just wanted to yell at somebody, anybody, but stopped myself. The taxi driver was nice, and even let her have a discount on the fare. I paid the amount due, and walked into my apartment building, hitting the elevator buttons with much more force than was needed. As soon as the doors opened, I rushed to my door, unlocked it, dumped my bag on the couch and pulled my phone out of my pocket. I dialled Dan’s number.

He picked up on the third ring, “Hello?” He sounded tired.

“Yeah, hi, it’s Megan. I just want to say, thanks for standing me up tonight. That made me feel great.” I was fuming, barely able to keep my anger inside. I always have had anger problems, mum tried to make me take classes to help that, but I refused to go.

“Oh, crap! I am so sorry Megan! Phil just-” He stopped talking.

“Phil just what?” I was curious to why Dan had ditched me to be with Phil. Was he gay?

“It doesn’t matter. I’m really sorry Meg, I was going to call, but my phone was playing up and was out of battery.” Excuses, excuses.

“Yeah, right.” I pulled out a bottle of Coke from my fridge and took a swig, not caring if it was unladylike.

“Hey, it’s true! Come on, Meg. Phil is going through a hard time at the moment, I need to be there for him.”

“Are you guys gay for each other or something?” I asked before I could stop myself.

“No, Megan. We are not.” Then he hung up on me. I stared at the phone, puzzled.

Dan was usually the nicest guy, that’s why I fell for Dan, not Phil. He was ugly, in my opinion. Too tall and lanky. He reminded me of a baby horse when it’s first born. Awkward. Dan, on the other hand, was amazing. Cute, funny, sexy. He was absolutely perfect. And I was perfect for him, too. With my long, blonde hair and green eyes, I was pretty. Beautiful, and I knew it. I’ve had enough boyfriends in my 20 years of life to know that much. We were perfect together, the 2 hottest people in England, together. I looked at myself in the mirror, and smiled. I was perfect. Perfect body, perfect looks, just perfect.

“Meg?” I spun around, and came face-to-face with my room mate, Annie. Annie was the complete opposite of me, she was ugly, in my opinion anyway. She had black hair that she usually put back in a boring pony tail, and common brown eyes. She wore thick-rimmed glasses, and had braces, even through she was my age. She had an alright body, I guess. Too curvy, though. And she had a bit of fat on her stomach.

“What?” I didn’t exactly like Annie, but I lived. Daddy told me he would only buy me a house if I shared it with my cousin, Annie.

“Someone is waiting for you, he didn’t say his name.” Annie said, then backed off down the hall to her room.

I hoped that someone was Dan, so I could have a go at him in person. But, no. It was an old man who had to use a walking stick to walk. “Are you Megan Farmer?” He asked slowly, like I couldn’t understand him.

“Yeah? Who’s asking?” Maybe I was being rude, but it doesn’t matter, I don’t like creepy guys at my door.

“My name is Thomas Redfern, I am from the Association of People. You joined us a year ago.”

Oh, this was for the money. “Oh, yeah. Is this for the money?”

Thomas nodded.

I laid back into my chair, “Annie, do you hate me?” I don’t know why I asked that, I didn’t really care.

Annie glanced at me, puzzled.

“You really want me to answer that?” She asked, sipping on her tea.

“Screw you.” I snarl, getting up and storming to my room.

I sit on my bed. How could Dan stand me up? Why does everyone hate me? I’m not a bad person, am I? I thought about that last question for a bit. No, I am not a bad person. I am a horrible person. I put my head in my hands.

“Megan?” It was Dan. I looked up to him standing at my doorway, looking sad.

“Dan? Wha-What are you doing here?” I asked, standing up. I wanted to hug him, but something about his expression made me stop. “What’s wrong?”

“I-I can’t be with you anymore. Phil he needs me, more now than ever. I’m sorry.” Dan looked at his shoes. His hair was ruffled, and his eyes were red and puffy.

I stared at Dan, this could not be happening. I’ve never been dumped before. “No, this can’t be happening.” I gasp at him.

“I’m sorry...” Dan whispered.

“What are you, in love with him?” I asked, roughly. Dan stared at me, his eyes wide. He didn’t say anything. “Well, are you!?”

“I-I no! Megan, he is... I... No, I don’t love him! He is my best friend!” Dan was glaring at me now.

“He is what? I bet you are. Wow, I never thought a boyfriend of mine would dump me for a boy.” I turn my back to him, walking over to my window and looking out into the night.

“I’m not dumping you for him! Megan, come on! He is going through a lot at the moment...” Dan cried, walking up to me.

I spun around, “So you have to give up your life for him? Just, let go of everyone just for him?” I advance towards him.

“Yeah, I would. He is my best friend, I love him like a brother. So, good bye, Megan. I hope you have an amazing life.” Then Dan span around and walked out the door, slamming it behind him.

I stood there in my room, frozen. What had just happened? I laid on my bed, closing my eyes and slowly drifting off to sleep.

Megan's a bitch... xD Anyway, I hoped you enjoyed this! Byee for now :3 Leena x