Chapter One- The First Cut

• Dedicated to danandphilhavestolenthetardis

Chapter One- The First Cut

Phil.

I woke up with a start, sweating. That dream felt so real. I took a deep breath, trying to calm my racing heart. “It was just a dream.” I whispered to myself. I got out of bed, stumbling over a lone shoe in my way. I glanced at my room, man, I really need to clean it up. I shrugged, I can do it later. I opened my door and walked straight into Dan, who was walking to the kitchen. I was sprawled on the floor, groaning.

“God, Phil. Be careful!” Dan groaned. He helped me up, “Want some breakfast?” He asked, rubbing his head.

“Sorry.” I bit my lip. “I’m good, thanks.” I walked into the bathroom, looking at myself in the mirror. My dark hair stood up at odd angles, and my blue eyes were hidden behind my glasses. I put my contacts in and walked out to the kitchen, where Dan was eating toast. The kitchen was a mess, and it wasn’t like that last night. Dan is my best friend, but he is a pig.

“You better clean that up.” I said as I got out a box of cereal and ate them raw. I was still kind of freaked out about my dream, and I didn’t have an appetite. In my dream, a man who was wearing a baseball cap was chasing Dan and I. He had caught. He had caught Chris and PJ, and was out to get us. He had a chainsaw and was ready to kill anyone who got in his path. I had tripped and fallen over a leg. Chris’s leg. I screamed, crawling backwards, into the man. He loomed down at me, grinning like a maniac. Then I woke up.

I shook my head, trying to get rid of the dream.

“I heard you scream last night.” Dan said casually, looking at me.

“You did?” I blushed.

“Yeah. It woke me up. What were you dreaming about?” Dan got up, dumping his plate in the sink and started to clean up his mess.

I shrugged, I didn’t want to tell Dan what I was dreaming about. I just wanted to forget it. “Don’t know. I’m going into town today, want anything?” I put the cereal box away and sat at the breakfast bar, my head resting in my hands.

“Can I come? I need to buy mum something, it’s almost her birthday.” He had finished cleaning up, and was wiping his hands on a tea towel.

“Sure.” I jumped up, and went to get changed.

“Dude, look at her.” Dan elbowed me. I glanced at where Dan was pointing. A girl with blonde hair and green eyes was laughing at something her friend said. She was beautiful. She glanced up and stared at us. Then she turned back to her friend, said something to her and started to walk towards us.

“Hi, I’m Megan, and I watch all your videos. I love you guys.” She said in a calm voice, grinning.

“Hi, I’m Dan and this is Phil.” Dan said before I could get a word in.

“Ok, I just want to say something. In a second, I’m going to scream, because I am talking to my idols.” She said, then did a blood-curdling scream and flung herself, hugging us.

“Woah...” Dan laughed when she composed herself.

Megan bit her lip, “Sorry. But I warned you...” She looked at the ground, letting her long, blonde hair cover her face.

I laughed, “It’s alright-” I was the interrupted by her friend, who came up to us.

“Hey, Meg, I’m going. See you later.” Her friend waved then walked off. Megan waved at her, then turned back to us.

“Kate doesn’t watch your videos. I don’t know what’s wrong with her, honestly.” She laughed.

“You want to get some coffee with us or something?” Dan asked her. I looked at him, head cocked to the left. Dan liked her. I mean, so did I, but still.