CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO

Xavier’s POV

“Come on mom, I want to walk by myself. It’s embarrassing walking with you,” he cried out in frustration. Everyone treated him like a kid. It pissed him off all the time whenever his parents called him Lupita. And even his sister started doing it! The only solitude he felt close to and at peace with were the mountains. Many encouraged him to start looking for a mate. Most of the girls that were introduced to him, acted all the same and weren’t his type. He wanted a girl who was shy, cute, and liked to read; but had spirit.

“Fine! Here,” she shoved a debit card in his hands. “There’s a three hundred dollar limit, so buy jeans that fit comfortably.”

He nodded just to get her away. Xavier knew how to get what he wanted and could act like a pro. Nobody in his pack really knew him. In fact, he felt like a seventeen year old trapped in a fourteen year old body, but a body that was tall and muscular. He walked around for awhile, checked out some stores but found nothing that interested him.

He ended up buying a couple pairs of jeans and was content about it, not really interested. Hearing people scream out in awe over something, he walked towards the noise to see a huge pirate ship. Below it, seals played in the water, entertaining an audience. He hated that they were held in captivity, forced to do tricks for humans like pets.

Suddenly, he caught a whiff of something. It smelled really good, causing his whole body to shake in delight. What was it? Breathing it in, he knew it to be vanilla and cream. Desire coursed through his veins, he wanted to taste it. The scent became faint suddenly, and his wolf growled at him to follow. So sniffing out the delicious aroma, he sensed it becoming stronger. That’s when he noticed something different; a girl was walking in front of him for the past twenty minutes. She had curly auburn hair, skinny little waist and a cute petite figure. Did I just say cute?! He thought to himself. This girl…She couldn’t be!

Stopping, he stared at her as she walked away. But the girl stood still. She didn’t proceed. Turning around, she stared at him wide eyed, blushing scarlet. She had the biggest blue eyes; it hit him right in the heart like an arrow. Lush pink lips and a small perfect little nose; she looked like an angel. The words came out of his mouth, his wolf taking control.

“Mate.”

The girl gasped and ran for it. He narrowed his eyes at her “No way I’m letting you get away, you’re mine,” he growled quietly so no humans could hear. She was a wolf, he smelled it.

Smiling, he followed her not giving up. She hid herself behind other people, but he knew she was there.

Just as he was about to grab the girl’s arm, someone called to him. He twitched, feeling like he got caught putting his hand in the cookie jar. He bit his bottom lip, turning to his sister fast, growling at her; looking around after to see no trace of his mate. He was fuming with rage.

“That was my mate and you distracted me! Now she’s gone. I don’t even know her name!”

Santana frowned “I’m sorry. I noticed you chasing her down, but I didn’t think that she was your mate. You could have ignored me.”

“It doesn’t matter. I’ll find her again.”

“She was pretty too,” Santana nodded happily.

“That’s an understatement. She’s not pretty, she’s beautiful,” he stared off into space.

“She’s so mine!” he stormed off, tracking her scent. He wasn’t called ‘The Tracker by his peers for nothing.

END OF CHAPTER THIRTY-TWO