Where I Belong

CHAPTER ONE:

"I want you out of here. You fight with your sister constantly, and it's stressing me out. No More Santana," Sandra told her while standing at her daughter's door.

"I have no place to go. Where do you expect me to live?" she screamed at her.

"To your fathers. I'm done. I want you gone in a few days."

Santana's mind was racing. Her heart was beating rapidly and tears trickled down her face. Everything was falling apart. Her mom never believed that Janet blamed her for things she never did. It was always Santana's fault for everything--at least in her mom's eyes.

Letting out a moan she decided to beg her mom to let her stay. Her life here would be better than living with her dad Morgan. He was a lousy father who left when she was just three years old. And he had a temper like no other, and would hit a woman in rage. Her mother had faced his abusive nature when dating him. It wasn't like Santana could start a life on her own, as that requires money she did not have.

She felt goose bumps traveling up her arms. She had nowhere else to go. No job, all her friends were off in University; basically no life.

Sitting up shakily, she felt her confidence rise. She had to persuade her mom! It was either that or live with the other monster. And he could be mean at times, make her feel like crap. He never even traveled down to her grade twelve graduation. She remembered talking on the phone with him, her best friend Eun sitting beside her.

"Sorry chicken mama, I'm busy with work and all."

"My cousin does the same work as you, and they let him off to come down from Alberta to see me on my grad. Alberta dad! You live seven hours away, he lives fourteen!"

"My boss said no, and that's a no," he hung up.

Santana would never forgive him for that. She felt a deep hatred for her father, and wasn't really close to her mother either. She left her room to talk it out with her.

"Mom please, if you'll just listen to me," she pleaded.

"I'm not interested Santana. I already spoke with Morgan. He thinks you're a spoiled brat and says I should just kick you out."

"That would be inhuman of you."

"No, it's what I should have done a long time ago. Oh well, at least I won't have to sit and listen to you girls fight. Janet's twelve years old Santana! Act more mature, you're eighteen. Fighting with a twelve year old?" she shook her head at her.

"Have you seen Janet? She's 5'9" I have to look up at her! She towers over an eighteen year old!"

"Her maturity level is higher than yours also. Height doesn't change anything Santana. Quit making excuses."

"Height changes everything! She's also 252 pounds, and I'm 125. You think I can take on a kid that big?"

Sandra's face twitched. "Seriously, stop being a bitch! That is so cruel," she yelled at her.

Santana felt the tears form in her eyes. Nobody understood her. Never in her life had she felt she belonged somewhere. Maybe I should just end it, she thought to herself sadly. She slowly walked back to her room feeling isolated and dejected. Her room was a mess. It was packed with books, canvases, and her big blue prom dress hung up on a hanger by her window. It basically filled the rest of the room. She sighed. The phone rang and she heard her mom's voice loud and clear.

"So she'll be on the bus tomorrow morning and will arrive in Kamloops around four or five. Yea I'll make sure she has everything. I told you, I can't handle her anymore. She's too out of whack. She needs a man to discipline her," her voice sounded agitated.