CHAPTER TWELVE

CHAPTER TWELVE

   Morgan stared at Santana’s door. Should he do it himself? His mouth set into a grim line. No. Not this way. He’d do it quietly, unsuspecting. He went down to his room. Glen still slept. Opening the closet, he flipped open a hidden hole in the wall. The bag sat covered in dust. Taking it out quietly, he walked away. The thought came to mind about tonight. He’d make her hot chocolate and take her out in the woods for a walk. She wouldn’t suspect a thing. He smiled as he stared at his solution; Wolfsbane.

A noise down the hall caught his attention and he realized she must have just woken up. He hid the bag in his backpack just as Santana appeared around the corner. She had dark circles around her eyes, and looked ghostly white. Something keep her up in the night? He stared at her suspiciously. Noises disturbed his sleep last night, and he swore he heard a man’s voice. Taking in a deep breath he smelled the wolf scent; a male’s and hers.

He’d lived with them all his life, and knew the smell with just one sniff. The werewolves took him in after his human mother was killed by rogue wolves when they were hiking. The werewolves saved him just in time. He was all alone, relying on the type of animal that killed her. He remembered how he came into their town at fourteen years old…

Morgan felt hopeless and scared. The tall dark haired lady held him by the hand tightly. He couldn’t believe she was one of them, a monster. She had a kind smile and told him she had a son named Troy.

The meeting was friendly. He liked Troy, and they became best friends that day onwards. He protected him from other pack members, and watched after him, even though he was a bit younger than Morgan by a few years. Troy taught him how to hunt and smell efficiently. But one day, everything changed.

   A girl named Chloe was introduced into the pack as Troy’s future mate. Morgan fell in love on their first meeting. He resented his feelings and became hateful. He wanted to kill Troy, make him feel pain. And then when Chloe and Troy officially became mates, he let go of himself.

By the announcement of Chloe’s pregnancy, Morgan went berserk. At one point, he had an arrow pointed at Troy’s head. But he couldn’t shoot, knowing full well that Troy knew that he was hiding in the shadows. Nine months had passed, and a baby girl was introduced into the world. They named her Santana. He despised the little girl.

One night, he was drowning himself in spirits, when a thought popped into his head. He planned it out, and took all his savings out of the bank. Got his passport and rushed out the door, he ran to Sandra Dawn’s home. He knew she always loved Troy, and hated that she wasn’t a werewolf. She was like him, an orphan.

“How about we drug them all, and get revenge!” he suggested his plan.

“How do you expect to get revenge?”

“We take what they love the most; their daughter!”

Sandra’s face became horrified. She shook her head at Morgan.

“You will do as I say, or I swear I will kill you right now!” he yelled slurring.

She winced. Listening to what he said, she got all her belongings ready.

   Sandra was on kitchen duty that night. Morgan made sure she had enough sleeping pills to add to each bowl. Finally, after what seemed about twenty minutes, each left to their beds, or fell asleep on the floor.

All that was left was to take the toddler from upstairs. He was happy that she wasn’t there for dinner as Chloe needed time to herself. The girl was with one of the younger pack members Nina. She slept soundly, as Nina also ate upstairs while watching Santana. The child was wide awake, staring at them. Running in quickly he grabbed her. She didn’t cry at first, only until they got in the truck. Her home got farther and farther away. Santana cried her heart out until she slept. Sandra sat beside her, tears falling down her face as well. The only home she knew was now gone too.