CHAPTER TWENTY

CHAPTER TWENTY

“We’re so close! Just one more hour and home at last,” Chloe grabbed Santana by the shoulders pulling her in for a hug. Her nerves were out of control. She wondered if the pack would like her, or if she would fit in.

“What if nobody likes me?” she cast a worried look at her mother.

“If they don’t, they’re dead!” she growled. “But most of the pack members are kind and friendly, so it shouldn’t be a problem.”

The scenery was so beautiful, up here in the mountains. The dogs barked on the back of the truck, excitedly. As they passed they saw many deer and other wildlife. It was a magical place, which would now be her homeland. Her spirit felt at peace, as if remembering that this was her home, and where she was born. She looked ahead of them, startled to see a little grey wolf up on the hill. It ran away as they drove in closer.

“Was that a werewolf too?” she asked curiously.

Chloe laughed. “That was your little brother, who was ordered to stay at the camp at all costs,” she growled lowly but not threateningly.

Troy looked over at her and snickered “He’s our son. Of course he won’t listen to you. Our Alpha blood flows through his veins.” 

She got looks from both of her parents. “What?”

“Yeah, she’ll do the same,” Troy shook his head.

Nova interrupted their little conversation. “We’re here.”

Metal gates lined the entrance, and two guards opened then with a switch. It was a fairly large town, looked normal actually; just full of werewolves. The houses looked like the ones you saw in magazines, for fancy rich people. There was a school, grocery store, and hospital. Was this really a werewolf village?

“The school is also a college,” her mother smiled at her. “You can go, only if you want to.”

“I’m not sure what I want to be yet,” she replied honestly.

As they drove in further, an old woman walked out of the biggest house, well more like mansion. A young boy followed, looking rushed. She felt something…An itch. He must be Xavier, her brother.

“That’s Xavier?” she asked even though she knew the answer.

“Yes.”

Xavier ran towards the truck feeling excited. His sister was here, he could smell her even. Brent, his wolf barked happily.

The truck came to an abrupt stop and the loud engine sound faded to nothing. Nova jumped out while the back door opened. He held his hand up to Santana which she ignored and jumped out. Xavier stood in front of her and his smile was wide, showing pearly white, sharp teeth. She didn’t know what hit her as he grabbed her into a big bear hug and swung her around like a child. Was he really only fourteen years old? He was taller than her by a foot! Laughing he said loudly so everyone else heard “now I’m not the lupita anymore!”

“Lupita?” she questioned curiously.

Chloe walked over to her son and messed up his dark brown hair with her hand. Santana longed for that kind of love and was happy as she knew they would love her unconditionally.

“You’ll always be our lupita,” she chuckled. He glared at her while shoving her hands away from his hair which caused Santana to giggle a little. She was still confused about the word ‘lupita’ but got the hint. “Something about my height,” she thought to herself. “I’m a short ass, so what?” she shook her head.