19

"F*ck!" I mutter under my breath as I bend to breathe out. I've been running for a while now and I have enough money on me to buy me a bottle of water. I put my hands on my knees and I stay like this for a few seconds to catch my breath, then I go looking after a supermarket.

I find one called Condis and I get in. I buy a big bottle of water and a Pepsi can along with a tuna sandwich.

"Serán 9,95." Says the girl on the other side of the counter. I smile at her and I give her a bill of 10€. I don't ask for the change and I get out.

I stop one of the ladies that I see on the street and I ask her where is the closest store with clothes. She tells me that there is Zara's store right around the corner and I thank her. I shop there for some neutral clothes, nothing that can catch anyone's attention and after I pay, I ask permission to go into one of their bathrooms. I also ask one of the girls that are working here to accompany me because I don't know how to dress one piece of clothing. She accepts and when we enter the bathroom I tell her than in exchange for her phone, I'll give her 5.000€. Her eyes widened like plates then she giggled. As soon as I pulled out the money she went quiet. She gave me the phone and she stayed inside the bathroom while I was undressing and changing in my other clothes. I tell her to unlock her phone and erase her pin code. After she finishes I quickly put in my own code and I tell her to have a great day.

I walk out of the store and I decide to yet again ask someone for a coffeehouse around

I walk out of the store and I decide to yet again ask someone for a coffeehouse around. The young couple explained the directions and I thank them. I want to go to a place where I have wifi connection so I will be able to talk to my parents.

It takes me around 9 minutes to get to that place and I enter the tiny coffeehouse. It's private and I see a table way in the back of the establishment so I decide to sit there. I ordered a long latte and while I was waiting for them to prepare it I take a seat and I let my thoughts settle down.

"Gracias." I say to the waitress that brings me my latte. I sigh and I take out my phone. I decide to open the front camera of this phone. I close my eyes and I press the record button:

"Hi, mom, dad. I know that I must've created you a lot of pain and a lot of sleepless nights but you all deserve peace. I am safe and happy. I am...finally happy. I know that you may want to keep on looking after me but you can't do that. It's pointless...because I don't want to come home. I've finally...I don't know...I don't have to hide who I am anymore. I've traveled so many places and seen so many things that...I want y'all to have the same thing. I thank you mom and dad for the great childhood and life y'all gave me, but now I am the one that is living my own life. I am able to do all that I want and soon...I'll get a job. A good paid one. And dad, I know that you are stubborn and you'll want to keep on looking after me, but it's not a good idea. I still want you and mom to be alive and you have pressed some dangerous buttons. I'm not sending you a message, I just care about you...because you're my daddy. Perhaps one day I'll come back and...maybe...I will visit you with my kids...but for now, this is my life and I want you all to know that I love y'all. And dad...if you ever feel like you've lost me...go back to that park where you used to take me during your lunch break. I know you miss me and I miss you...but I am finally happy. Muah!"