8

"How come I ended up with a wound to my head, aside from the gunshot wound that I came home with?" Asks Shawn while we are eating Shawarma with french fries. I look up from my plate and I clear my throat. Damn, I really hoped he won't ask me that. What can I tell him? At that moment, I didn't know if I wanted to run away or not. I hit him because I wanted to take him to the hospital; since I was no nurse and what would've happened if the wound would have got infected?

"I wanted to get you to the hospital. I knew that you wouldn't agree so I had to put you out."

"By hitting me with that big ass vase?"

"I'm sorry. I just...I was afraid that your wound might get infected and...I didn't know that someone was after you. I don't even know how I made it alive." I say as I drink some water. My thoughts are wondering and I end up thinking about Biscuit. "Is he alive?"

Shawn looks at his plate and he doesn't reply right away. Oh no.

"When TyTy came after me...He already lost a lot of blood. There was nothing we could do."

"It's all my fault."

"What? Are you even listening to what you're saying? Your fault? So a pair of armed men that broke into our house, wanting to kill you, ended up eliminating everything in their way, including our dog; it's your fault?"

"But Shawn, he was right beside me."

"You will not blame yourself for what they have done. Thank God you were smart enough to run because they would've killed you." I nod. His words comfort me slightly because this dog deserved to live, not me. What do I bring to this world, to be honest? Nothing.

"How did they get you out?" I ask, changing the subject.

"TyTy and the rest of my men came through the back and thanks to a diversion they made, only three guys remained by the door of my office. My men killed those guys and they took me out. At first, everyone thought that you were on the side of those guys, but I knew that you had nothing to do with this. Although, I might know who is behind all of this." He says.

"Who?"

"Your father."

"Oh...But how do you know this? How can you tell? Did he contact you?"

"Of course not. But I think that someone at the golf course might've seen you and they rat us out. Whoever it is, will be dead by the end of the week. So we have to move to the capital."

"To Manila?"

"Yeah, because there is the headquarters of my company and I can easily protect you there. I've got many more men and many more people under my service. I just wanted to stay with you here because it was quiet. I never thought he would go this far to piss me off."

"What happened yesterday.?"

He looks at me and I can feel how his whole mood changes. He is angry!

"I met with him."

I drop my Shawarma. What? He had a meeting with my dad? He...

"We talked about business...He wanted me to find you. I said that I didn't want to work with him again. Then we ended up negotiating and I said that I would do what I can, but that I wasn't promising anything. After talking for a few minutes, I went to the car to bring my laptop so he can give me a pen drive with all of the information...and that's when I knew that this was a setup. I ran as fast as I could towards the forest but one of the bullets reached me. My men started shotting your dads' men and it was all a mess. I managed to find a parking lot after I exited the woods. The woods weren't dense because next to it it's that park where we ate McDonald's a few weeks ago. I stole a car and I drove home. I was soaked wet and when I got into the house I didn't see you anywhere so I went upstairs, thinking that you will be in our room. But I got weak due to all of the blood that I lost, so I ended up going into one of the guest bathrooms. I called for you and you didn't answer so I figured out that you must've been sleeping."