33

I apologize in advance for any spelling mistakes you may find. I hope that you enjoyed this chapter and remember to leave a comment and a star to show this chapter some love 💘

Beyoncé's POV

His whole face is out of the painting 'The Scream' by Edvard Munch. His eyes alternated from Shawn to me. I think he is in shock.

"Dad, it's ok. It's not what you think." I said, taking my hands off of Shawn. I look up at him. My nervousness was like my second skin.

"I love her." Shawn says and my head shoots in his direction.

"And? Do you think he cares? He just wants to know what happened between us and how we met. Well, long story short dad, he saved me from...from..." My voice was stuck in my throat. Tears filled my eyes and I felt frozen in place.

"Did he-?" My dad asked.

"If it weren't for him...I don't know-" I started crying like a little baby. I turned and I hugged Shawn. I kept on crying and crying. He put his arms around me. "He saved me that, he-..." My voice cracked when I let this lie slip out. I am not the woman I was two years ago. I've seen way too many deaths, pain, and other sh*t to be the same clueless person I was. But one thing did change, the way I felt about Shawn. He may be nuts but he is the best thing that could ever happen to me. Even if 'he' happened, it turned out good. Fate or not, my life changed and I am glad that I didn't let it swallow me into the darks of the ground. I'd rather be an abomination walking the earth than being an angel buried underneath it.

"For how long have you two-" My dad starts saying and I start crying even harder.

"Dad, I don't even want you to think about what those people did to me...but the way Shawn treats me? Is not something that I expected of a man after what I've been through." I say as I look up at Shawn now and I caress his face. I offer him a crooked smile. I turn around to face my dad and I wipe my tears. I see how red his eyes are and how hard he is trying to block his cry. "Is it ok if I hug you dad?" I ask in a shaky voice.

"How can you even ask me that." He says as he sprints towards me and he gives me the biggest hug ever. I can hear him cry silently, trying to be strong for me in this situation. I cry on his shoulder and we have this amazing daughter and father moment.

"Whoa, I think I am dried out." I say while laughing. He starts laughing too. I look up at my dad and I smile at him. "How about we eat and we catch up?" I ask and he nods. He couldn't speak because this caught him off guard. I turn my back to my dad and I look at Shawn. I give him a wink and I put on my oven gloves to take out the meat pie that our cook just made. I put out three plates and I serve the pie, along with a good potato salad with homemade mayonnaise and onion. My dad smiles at me. I bet that he believed I was dead. I've been gone for a long time. I have been through hell. And he has no business knowing what truly has happened.

"Are mom and Solange here too?" I ask my dad. My stomach can't tolerate any food so I just pour myself another glass of wine.

"No. They're back home. Um..." He stops. "Honey, I came here to ask Shawn to help me and here you are. I don't understand, you sent me a video a few months back-"

"Dad. It's been rough, I had to understand the job that he has and I had to make peace with it because I've been through what-" My voice cracks. I take a big sip of my wine. "He was the land dad."

"What?" Both of them ask at the same time. They share a confused look.

"I was in the middle of the ocean, being the toy of sharks and I found land. Shawn was the land dad. Metaphorically and all that."