15

"So I was thinking..." Starts saying Shawn. I swim away from him as I pursue the water of our pool. He didn't talk to me about what happened the night that we first slept together and it's been weird. I try to start conversations, to sound natural, to laugh at his jokes but deep down inside of me, I'm afraid that something has happened.

"Bey?"

"Huh?" I wasn't paying attention. I am swimming and minding my business, trying to be happy for as long as possible.

"Are you feeling alright?" He asks concerned. I look in his eyes and I can tell that he is hiding something.

"Yeah. What did you want to tell me earlier?" I ask as I keep swimming around him. He clears his throat and he begins to talk.

"I was thinking that maybe we should start traveling? Um, we can go wherever you want. I had in mind to visit Europe? I've been there quite a few times and it's a magical place." He keeps on talking and I swim towards the stairs of the pool and I sit there. I wipe my face with my palms and I look at him.

"What are you hiding? What is it so horribly wrong that you don't want to tell me? I gave you a few days." I say as I start gesturing with my hands. "I gave you space so you can be open with me. So you can tell me why did you bust your knuckles. But it's like you wanted me to play dumb so you won't have to talk about it. So now I ask you myself, what the fuck happened? And I want to hear the truth."

He slowly swims towards me and the look he has on his face doesn't sit well with me. I swallow hard.

"Um...sometimes...doing what I do...If you want something done correctly you have to do it yourself. So a few weeks ago TyTy and our crew kidnapped the daughter of this very wealthy family. We asked for ransom money and of course, the usual, no police involved. They were desperate to get their daughter back so they did all that we asked. He wanted to make sure that his daughter is safe and sound, we met, he was reluctant to give us the money, I beat him, he handed us the bag with $27 million and we left."

I look at him, a question roaming inside my mind.

"And where is his daughter?" I ask and he smiles at me. He kisses both of my hands and then he replies.

"I sold her to an Arabian prince for $60 million."

"Are you kidding me?"

"No." He says nonchalantly.

Soon...the realization hits me. I am being held captive in a world where he works in any illegal business you can think of.

"Hey, nothing is ever going to happen to you. Alright? That was just business."

"And did you kill her father?"

"No. Why would I? He can search for his daughter for as long as he likes, now everything that happens is none of my business. I just delivered a package and I got paid two times."

"Oh." I say as I feel tears rolling down my cheeks.

"Bey..." He says in a soft tone. He caresses my left cheek and I lean my face in his palm.

"I just know that he won't even treat her 1% as good as you treat me."

"Well...I am me so don't forget that alright? The reason why I haven't told you it's because I knew you would get upset."

"So you're not mad at me?" I ask after wiping my runny nose. He frowns.

"No, of course not. I don't have any reason to be mad at you and you have no reason to feel ever afraid to tell me anything. I'm your anchor Beyoncé..always and forever."