12

I look at my phone and I can see that it's, in fact, 3:45 AM. Jesus, why can't I sleep? I mean, I am hungry, bored, exhausted, horny, hungry again, bored again, hungry four times more and horny six times more. Basically, that's how I feel. A whole mess if you ask. And then there is Shawn. It's like I'm on the battlefield, his snoring is keeping me up along with my hunger and my arousal. I lift my head and I look to my right, where all the bombing and machine guns were going off. I smack my lips. Why doesn't he feel in his sleep that I am mad? Like how can he be so aware but he sleeps so heavily? He kidnapped me and he knew me and what I want, but NOW HE CAN'T FEEL THAT I AM MAD? I take the covers off of me and I walk to the bathroom to take a leak first and then I will go to the kitchen.

After washing my hands, I pick up my bathrobe and as I grab the knob of the door, my heart sinks. What if my father found me? I look back at Shawn and I see how peacefully he is sleeping. I don't spend my life fearing that my dad will follow us. What if there is a mole in his organization? I start shaking and I walk backward. I slowly walk to our bed and I glue myself to Shawn and I decide to wake him up.

"Shawn?" I ask while I gently rock him. "Shawn? Wake up." I whisper.

"Mmhmm." He groans as he touches my body and he hugs me tightly. I rock him again. "What?" He says in a hoarse voice.

"Can you wake up? I am scared." I say and he opens his eyes. He wipes his face.

"What happened?" He asks in a sleepy voice as he looks at me.

"I wanted to get up and get a snack from the kitchen and I am scared that if I open the door to our bedroom, someone will come in and kill us." I say in one breath. Shawn blinks a few times and he brushes his face with his right hand. "And I know that you told me that you took care of everything but what if you have a mole in your organization? What if my father found out where we are staying? What if-"

"Bey." He interrupts me. I hate it when someone interrupts me, but I remain silent. "Did you have a nightmare?"

"No."

"Did you wake up with a bad feeling?"

"No."

"Did you start feeling like this when you began overthinking?"

"I wasn't overthinking. I wanted to eat and then I started...thinking." I say as I smile at him. A crooked smile. He chuckles.

"Then you don't need to worry. Look, you don't need to ever fear for your safety-"

"What about you?" I ask. Now I am the one interrupting him.

"Me? Awww, I didn't think you'd worry about me." He says cheerfully as he sits on his left elbow and he looks at me smiling like a dumbass.

"Of course I care what happens to you...Who will make me those good ass cheese sandwiches if you die?" I say as I pretend to look at my nails. He taps me lightly on the shoulder and we both start laughing.

"It's ok to be cautious but I can say that as long as you are by my side, you will always be safe, ok?"

"Yeah." I say as I swallow hard. "I just...I don't want to live in fear all my life that someone will break into our house and..." I can't finish the sentence because of a knot forms in my throat. Shawn kisses me on the lips and he bites my bottom lip. "stop." I whisper as the aroused part of me wakes up again.

"no, you stop." He whispers. I giggle. I lean in and I start kissing him, immediately parting his lips with my tongue. Of course, as the man he is, he follows my movements and we end up glued to each other, enjoying the feeling of our bodies touching. His hand is on my back but it goes south and he ends up grabbing my ass and smacking it.