2

This can't be happening, this can't be happening. I am way too young to die. Way too young and I didn't even have enough time to live my life. What did he mean by 'I always wanted a pet'? Did he consider me one of his mascots? That I would serve him no matter what? That I would let him play with me? I don't understand why did he leave me here with all of this technology knowing that I will try to escape. Why does he let me use the TV? And why does he speak to me as if we were close friends? Is he crazy?

My thoughts are interrupted by the small old lady that enters the room. She was holding a tray with my breakfast on it: coffee, orange juice, omelet with mushrooms, cooked rice with beans, and a fresh salad of tomatoes, cucumber, and goat cheese.

 She was holding a tray with my breakfast on it: coffee, orange juice, omelet with mushrooms, cooked rice with beans, and a fresh salad of tomatoes, cucumber, and goat cheese

My mouth is watering. This is my chance. She can help me escape. As I get up from the bed, I realize that she won't help me because she works for him. She may be a woman, but money is money, and I don't have what it takes now to negotiate. Seeing how she gets closer to the door, I do something stupid.

"I want chocolate muesli with cold milk." I shout. The lady turns around, she smiles at me and she bows her head. She exits the room silently.

WHY DID YOU DO THAT?

I can't believe that I just told her that I want to eat something different than what they are giving me. Rule number one is to never contradict your captor and this is exactly what I am doing. I can't believe I am this stupid.

Moments later, while I was looking around, the lady comes back with a big bowl of cereal. I look at her horrified. What if she poisoned the food? I ask myself. She places the bowl on the same table that she put on earlier the breakfast tray.

"Mabuting gana" She says before she leaves the room again. What the fuck did she just say?

***mabuting gana in Filipino means bon apetit***

I tried to walk around the room but I couldn't even breathe without feeling pain. I nearly collapsed on the medium sofa. The smell of coffee and food brought tears to my eyes. Mommy. I was disoriented and sad, also tired and angry. But the most intense feeling was hunger. My stomach is making so much noise. I keep staring at the food. Where are my parents when I need them the most? I bring my knees to my chest and I let out all of the tears that I have been holding in since I woke up this morning. Kidnapped. I don't even want to admit that this is actually happening. This can't be happening.

I take another glance at the food and I decide to pick up the coffee. The moment I touch the cup, I feel the warmth of the brown liquid and I let out a sigh. I place the cup between my hands and I make a quick prayer.

God, please let all of this food and drinks be poisoned.

..............................................

An annoying sound wakes me up. I can hear a fainted crunch.

"CAN YOU EAT WITH YOUR DAMNED MOUTH SHUT?" I ask annoyed. The crunching immediately stops and I sigh. I still am a little pissed off, so I turn my head in the direction of the sound.