27

Beyoncé POV

"First of all, I need to apologize for treating you like this but I had to maintain my cover Kelly

"First of all, I need to apologize for treating you like this but I had to maintain my cover Kelly. I can't let people know who I am or they will come after me."

"Oh. But don't they already know who you are? Cause your dad shared the pictures on every media possible."

"Well, yeah, some of them do but as long as they know that I left that life behind, they treat me like one of their own."

"So...you are doing shady stuff now, huh?" She says as she looks around the room. I can tell that she is mesmerized by all of this luxury. Now, I find it a part of my life and I am not easily impressed by any of this.

"Yeah, the only way to survive." I explain.

"But didn't he kidnap you?"

"Yeah, he did. But he never treated me wrong."

"Oh, so you went from Beyoncé Knowles to Beyoncé Stockholm-syndrome." She says in a judgy voice. I smile.

"Yeah, I guess. He never slapped me. He never forced himself on me. Actually, I tried to kill myself a few times. But he made sure I was always alright. And safe. And happy."

"So...you like in love him or what?" Asks Kelly and I bet that Shawn is listening to this conversation. I look down at my hands.

"Some questions aren't meant to be asked, Kelly. The girl that you remember? She's long gone. I've killed people. I've changed people's lives for the worst. I am the villain. So when it comes to love, that is a terrain that no one has the right to step foot in. So ask me something else." I explain and I can tell for a fact that she is now afraid of me. I don't want that to happen. I love her. She is my best friend. But at the end of the day, I was kidnapped by a man that wanted me to fall in love with him, a man that probably tortured me and took advantage of me until a few months ago...so I can't change the past but I can indulge the future. "Don't do that. I'm still the same lame bitch but now I actually have a job." I say while giggling, trying to make her feel comfortable.

"Sorry for getting you involved in all of this and having you...um..." She points to my abs, where my gunshot wound is at. I smile at her and I grab her hand.

"This is all my fault. I dragged you into this. I just hope that Tim treated you half as good as Shawn treated me...and I bet he did." I say to her as I release her hand and I start looking around the room for my phone. Where the f*ck did I put my phone?

"Excuse me?" She says shocked.

"Have you seen my phone?" I ask her and her eyes pop out of her head.

"Do you think I know? And what the fuck was that about my kidnapper? Are you sick?"

My head snaps in her direction and she gasps. That was the last straw. I get up, untouched by the sharp pain that traveled my body. I need stitches again. I say to myself. I get up from the bed and I walk towards the kitchen. On my way there I found Shawn talking to someone in the living room. All I could see is red.