14 | the great escape

"Okay, Jack. You've mastered this move. Now focus on a spot and kick through it" Rudy said. Jack prepared himself and kicked the vending machine, causing something to fall down, "Haha, you did it! I got my nacho nuggets!"

"Guys! You are not gonna believe this. My dad and a whole bunch of my family are coming to watch me in the tournament this Saturday" Jerry told them excitedly, "I'm gonna train extra hard. My dad has never seen me fight before" he added before his face turned serious, "Except for this one time at the petting zoo. This goose kept wanting my flip flops and it was on, yo!"

Jerry started to re-act the fight scene, screaming and pretending to strangle a goose. Jack turned to give Azalea weirded out look.

"At least your father won't have high expectations" Azalea shrugged, after seeing someone fight a goose everything would be an improvement.

☆★☆

"So how is my favourite girlfriend doing today?" Jack asked walking up to Azalea who was busy placing he books in her locker. Most people had already gone home, the only people left were those who was supposed to be in detention and an unfortunate few who had a long day.

"For your sake, I hope I'm your only girlfriend" Azalea said, closing her locker and turning to look at Jack, finding the hallway completely empty except for the pair. "And I have three tests next week, so I'm panicked."

"Don't you have a study schedule? How can you be stressed when you have everything planned out?" Jack asked, wrapping his arms around her waist.

"Because I had two essays and one grammar test this week, so I couldn't study for next weeks test. Which is also the reason that I will be stressed the week after that since I have-"

"Is it possible that you are taking to many AP classes?" Jack asked a little worried, "It's not good for you to be this stressed. No one would judge you if you weren't on top all the time."

"Jackie, I was born stressed" Azalea told him seriously before smiling softly, "But thank you for caring" she leaned up to kiss him but just as he started to kiss back she pulled away and took a step away from him.

"What-" Jack started to question.

"What's up" Jerry said walking towards them, oblivious to what had transpired seconds earlier.

"Jerry, you are supposed to be in detention" Azalea said like a scolding mother.

"Yeah, I blew it off. I'm sparring with Eddie" Jerry said casually, "You know where he is?"

"He said if he was gonna spar with you he needed to go to the library first" Jack shrugged.

"Why would he do that?" Jerry asked confused.

"Okay" Eddie said and they turned to see him walk towards them with several books taped to him like an armour, "Let's do this quick. That book alarm went crazy when I walked out."

"I can't imagine why" Azalea glared at him, running a hand through her hair in frustration. Most of the time she felt like a mother who had to take care of and raise six teenagers, Rudy included.

"Wow, Jerry! A human sparring dummy" Jack said, "This will be the first time I've ever seen you hit the books."

Jerry smirked before walking forward to hit Eddie who looked unbothered by every hit. "You hit like my grandmother" Eddie laughed mockingly.