66 | the boys are back in town

"Hey, guys," Milton said as he, Azalea and Jack stood at the top of the Washington monument, "what is your favourite part about working for the government as an undercover spy?"

"Uh, I'm gonna go with jet packs," Jack deadpanned before flying away.

"Whoo! Best summer ever!" Milton cheered before he too started his jet pack without fastening it, causing the jet pack to fly away without him. Again.

"You know, the first time it was funny," Azalea told him, "now it's just sad."

☆★☆

Azalea and the guys entered headquarters to be greeted by Funderburk. "Well, lady and gentlemen, that was our last mission," he told them, "With R.A.S.H no longer a threat there is no need for our team."

"Yeah, so I guess you two and Milton can go back to Seaford, put on your pyjamas and, uh," Shane did a bad impression of a karate kick, "kick stuff."

"Or I could kick you," Azalea gave him a sarcastic smile.

"Excuse you," Milton said, "What Jack and I do in our pyjamas is our business."

"We do nothing in our pyjamas," Jack said while Azalea snorted at Milton's choice of words.

"As a going away gift, I want to present you with these spy watches," Funderburk handed them a watch each, "If you push this button right here, they become a high-powered magnet."

"Without an external energy source, they can't be that powerful," Milton scoffed as he turned on the magnet causing several metal objects to fly across the room and attach to the watch. "Oh, yeah, no. It's pretty powerful."

"Where is my watch, sir?" Shane asked.

"Oh, uh," Funderburk said slowly, "I didn't get you a watch, Shane. I - got - you," he bent down to pick a pen that had fallen to the ground when Milton turned off his magnet, "This pen!"

"They get cool watches, and I just get this dumb polar bear pen?" Shane asked in disappointment.

"It's not just a pen," Fundetburk told him, "Look what happens to the polar bear when you turn it upside down."

Shane turned the pen and laughed, "Nice! He is wearing a bikini."

"Oh-la-la, am I right?" Funderburk said and the next second a laser beam shot out of the pen, completely destroying one of the lamps in the ceiling. "Oh, yeah, it also has a laser."

"Forget the laser," Shane said, "This naughty bear is a riot," he laughed as he walked away, playing with his pen.

"Guys, this is where we part ways," Funderburk told them, taking a deep breath, "I just want to let you know that as a military leader, I don't do emotion. It's a sign of weakness. It's best just to stay strong."

"Please do that," Azalea said, hating it when people cried.

"It's just that," Funderburk tried but couldn't hold back his tears. He started sobbing, making it impossible to understand what he was saying when everything came out as gibberish.

Suddenly he pulled them all into a group hug while his sobs echoed in the room. "Way to stay strong, sir," Jack said sarcastically while patting his back.