48 | glove hurts

Some time had passed since Azalea and Jack revealed their relationship to Rudy and everything was going pretty smooth. With the exception of one horrifying conversation Azalea had with her brother.

"I was up all night working on my project for the invention fair," Milton told them as they stood in the cafeteria, now turned exhibition for the invention fair, "I have something truly amazing. What do you guys have?"

Jack and Jerry started murmuring before they both said, "We got nothing."

"I've got a first place award from last year and therefore a permission to not participate this year," Azalea smirked.

"I am so excited. We gave a special guest judge this year," their teacher announced, "He is from Techtronic Lab and he is not too hard on this lonely lady's eyes; Derek Tanner."

"Hello, future. I'm Derek," a man floated into the room on a hover board.

"I can't believe it," Milton exclaimed, "That is my dad's new boss. He's a genius and my personal hero."

"This is the Mind Surfer," Derek jumped off the hover board, "You control wherever it goes with your thoughts. And that's really what inventing is. Dreaming things into reality."

"You know, I tell them that every day," their science teacher said with a girly smile, "But do they listen? No!"

"Milton, dude, you gotta help us." Jack begged Milton.

"Here we go," Milton said, "Once again, you've done nothing and you want credit by glooming onto my project."

"Good, so we are on the same page," Jack smiled charmingly.

"I would not have helped you," Azalea said honestly earning a sarcastic smile from her boyfriend.

"This is Azalea Gillespie, last years winner of the invention fair," the teacher  told Tanner and Azalea gave him a small smile in greeting.

"And this is Milton Krupnick,"  she continued by introducing him to Derek, "He is the smartest boy in our class."

"Ah, Milton. If you are anything like your father, I'm sure your project will be most impressive," Derek said which made Milton giggle, "Right now the only competition you have is something called the Butt Whistle," he said which was followed by the sound of a whistle blowing.

"Put it away, Eric!"

"May I present-" Milton started when Jerry and Jack cleared their throats, "May we present; The Corn Coddlers."

"Yes!" Jack gave Jerry a high-five, "The corn codl- What now?"

Every Wednesday night I have to ice my Nana a foot massage," Milton explained, taking a step back to rip away a white sheet that revealed his grandma sitting underneath it, knitting.

"Oh, an d lady under a tarp," Tanner said happily, "Already better than the Butt Whistle."

"Between her bunions, calluses and gnarled up corns-"

"No need for such a vivid description, honey," Azalea told Milton who was putting on his gloves.

"Okay. Anyway, I'm dealing with some pretty tough feet," Milton said, "These mechanised gloves give my hands the strength of 10 men. Allowing me to do this."

Milton walked over and gave his grandma a foot massage. Azalea looked at the scene in confusion, "You are using something that could only be described as a weapon that gives one man the strength of ten, to rub your nana's feet?"

"Well, this is just embarrassing," Tanner said and Jerry and Jack tried to walk away, "That I didn't think of such a fantastic invention!"

Jack and Jerry immediately circled back as Derek continued, "How did you manage to increase the strength of the human hand tenfold?"