55 | gabby's gold

"And here they come! Give it up for your gymnastics team, the Seaford Killer Whales."

Kim and Azalea gracefully broke through the banner while the rest of the team pretty much fell over their own feet and facepalmed the ground.

Azalea cringed at their misfortune while Kim tried to keep a positive expression. It was the blonde that had convinced Azalea to join the gymnastics team in the first place.

"Whoo! Looking good, Zalee and Kim!" Jack cheered from the stands with Milton.

"I really want to thank you, Jack," Milton said, "You've been the rock that has gotten me through my terrible break up with Julie."

"You were going out with Julie?" Jack asked in confusion.

"Yes. You and Zalee were even there for our first date, remember?" Milton said in disbelief.

"Oh, right," Jack said, "That was when I started dating Zalee, so your little dating problems were kind of over shadowed by that."

"Why do you think I've been sitting in the locker room crying?" Milton asked.

"I don't know. I thought you had some jockstrap issue," Jack shrugged, "Listen, I'm sure Julie is going through the same tough time you are."

"You are right," Milton sighed, "I'll bet she's at home crying her— Holy Christmas Nuts! She is over these kissing Tommy Didier! THERE IS SOMETHING CALLED A GRIEVING PERIOD, YOU KNOW!"

"Hey, come on," Jack pulled him back down, "Try and take your mind off of it. Look, Zalee is up."

When the music started Azalea did some tricks at the uneven bars. Spinning around and jumping between them with ease. "Damn, she is good," Jack said with a proud smile as Azalea did a final spin and stuck the landing.

"This is great. Half their team has food poisoning," Kim said to Tori, one of the girls on their team, "Tori, all you have to do is complete one vault and we win."

"I got this," Tori said, her speech a bit slurry because of her braces. "Next time you see me, we'll be at Steven Sullivan's house sipping celebration smoothies. It's gonna be sick."

"Tori, will you stop talking about smoothies?" Kim begged her, "Okay, just get out there and focus"

"You will do great, Tori," Azalea smiled encouragingly. Tori then ran over and was about to do a vault over the beam when she instead landed on the school mascot. Their coach let out an angry groan, snapping her clipboard against her knee.

"You know, Azalea, Kim, if you quit now you won't have to go up against my undefeated Swathmore team this Saturday," Claire smirked as she walked over to the girls.

"We are not afraid of your Swathmore team, Claire," Kim said in a terrible British accent. "Our coach has taught us that we are not quitters. We are winners."

"All right, losers. I quit!" their coach ran past them, throwing her jacket at Kim followed by at least five girls from their team.

"What an unfortunate timing."

☆★☆

Azalea and Kim entered the dojo and Jack immediately greeted them, "Hey, any luck finding a new coach?"

"Not a bit," Kim said in frustration, "I begged every adult that I know. I got five polite no's, three blank looks and Joan laughed so hard she ripped one."

"There is not one adult that wants to be our coach and honestly, I don't blame them," Azalea said.

"Well, I got you something," Jack smiled at Azalea before turning to Kim, "and you too because that way I don't have to go with her. I hope it makes both of you feel better."