42 | kickin' it on our own, part i

Rudy was holding a Karate Demo outside the dojo, hoping to find some new possible Wasabi Warriors but much like everything else he tried, it wasn't going very well.

"Whoo!" Rudy said after having shown a routine, "That was refreshing, huh, friends?" he looked around to see that most people either looked uninterested or was about to leave, "Yeah. You know, karate gives you energy to burn."

"Don't believe me?" Rudy asked, "Just look at my students," he pointed at them, and them consisted of Jerry and Eddie sleeping while Azalea was eating froyo.

Jerry was leaning back in his chair and let out a scream when the chair fell over, causing Azalea to burst out laughing.

"Hey. Hey, karate man," Milton said, having been tasked with playing an interested new student, "I have a question."

"What is it, random stranger?" Rudy asked, doing an awful job at acting casual as always.

"Is it true that you can teach me to break a board with my hands?" Milton asked, his acting very stale.

"Absolutely. One of my students will show you," Rudy said and Eddie walked up on the stage seeing as Azalea couldn't do it because Rudy worried people would notice she was his little sister. Big chance.

Eddie and Rudy started whispering to each other and then Rudy told the crowd, "We will be back in a minute," and jumped of the stage just as Jack and Kim arrived.

"Hey — Where have you two been?" Rudy asked them in annoyance. "My demo started 20 minutes ago."

"I'm sorry, Rudy," Jack apologised, "I forgot to set my alarm clock, and then I couldn't find my gi, and by the time I found it I missed the bus."

"I just didn't want to be here," Kim said honestly.

"I was here on time," Azalea said, "if anyone cares."

"You are always on time. Be late sometimes," Rudy said to his sister who went back to eating her froyo, "You know what? I doesn't matter anyway. These people are obviously not into karate.

Rock music started playing and they turned around to see that the Black Dragons had taken over the stage and when they finished their performance the crowd cheered loudly.

"Hey, hey, hey," Rudy said, "What are you doing here, Ty? This is my demo!"

"Giving the crowd their first taste of the Black Dragons," Ty sad smugly, "Savour the flavour! Mmm, spicy!"

"No, no, no. Do not savour his flavour," Rudy shouted, "It tastes bad! Like an old jellybean you found stuck to a toilet. I'm guessing — I-"

"Shut up, Rudy," Azalea told her brother.

"Jack, show them what you got," Rudy ordered and Jack jumped up on the stage and broke the board Rudy held up much to the crowds delight.

"Oooh, in your face, Ty!" Rudy said smugly.

"Really?" Ty said, "Oh, Ryan," he said and one of the Black Dragons jumped up on the stage and broke four boards the other guys held up.

"Wow!" Jack exclaimed, earning a glare from Rudy, "I mean — wow," he added with a scoff.

Milton walked up to Ty, "If sign up for a year, do I get a free gi?"

"That's right," Ty said, "Sign up for greatness, Red."

"No, no, no. Hey, hey, get your hands off him," Rudy ran over, "This random stranger is mine."

"Uh, no. He is coming with me," Ty said pulling Milton towards him while Rudy did the same and they continued to do this while arguing until they managed to pull off Milton's sweaters.