07 | all the wrong moves

Azalea, Jack, Kim, Milton and Eddie sat by one of the tables in the cafeteria when Jerry ran in with excitement. "Guys! I've got us the opportunity of a lifetime. We're gonna be rich!"

"For the last time: Your mum's car has a leak. There is no oil under your house!" Milton said in exasperation.

"No" Jerry dismissed Milton's comment, "I signed us up for the 'Battle of the Dancers' competition at the mall" Jerry showed them a poster. "Check it!"

"Wow! First prize is a thousand dollars" Kim said reading the poster.

"It's not just about the money. I've always loved dancing" Jerry said, "You know when I was a baby my mum hung a disco ball over my crib."

"Did it ever fall of your head?" Jack laughed at his own joke.

"Did whatever fall on my head?" Jerry asked which stopped Jack's laughter.

"Jerry that's sounds great. But we are not a dance crew" Eddie pointed out the thing everyone was thinking.

"I have the skills and I will teach you the moves" Jerry reassured them, "And if we work hard, we can win this together. Now what do you say?"

Everyone, except for Azalea, agreed. "Okay Jerry, you've got yourself a crew!" Jack said giving Jerry their manly hug.

"There is only one flaw in an otherwise brilliant plan" Azalea said sarcastically, gaining everyone's attention. "I don't dance" she crossed her arms and raised a challenging eyebrow.

"Can you do anything that is fun?" Jack asked mimicking her movements.

"I can punch you in the face" she threatened, "I would find that very funny" she added with a overly sweet smile and Jack, the black belt, took a scared step backwards.

☆★☆

"Is it only me or are these falafel balls greasier than usual?" Jack asked picking up one and squeezing the grease out of it, and it wasn't a little grease that came out.

"And there goes my appetite" Azalea pushed her basket of food away from her. She, Jack and Jerry were eating lunch at Falafel Phil's.

"No that looks about right" Jerry said looking at the grease all over Jack's hand and plate. "Oh check it out" Jerry said and the other two who sat next to each other turned around, "That is Dan Brennan the best dancer at our school. They call him Smooth."

"Because he's got great dance moves?" Jack asked.

"And his skin is crazy soft" Jerry said looking at the boy, "Yo we are talking velvet."

"Yeah, he was my lab partner in Chemistry and let's just say he's not very 'Smooth' then" Azalea remembered with distaste. He had constantly tried to ask her out and wouldn't take no for an answer, she would have admired his persistence, if it wasn't so damn annoying.

"Hey Jerry" Smooth said walking towards their table and when he laid eyes on Azalea he smirked. "Looking good Azalea" he flirted, not very good either.

"Brennan" she said tiredly, she had taken to calling him by his last name to show him that they weren't even on first name basis. Smooth looked over at Jack but didn't know his name.

"Jack" the boy introduced himself.

"Eh" Smooth made an uninterested sound towards Jack before turning back to Jerry. "I heard you karate clowns signed up for the dance contest. You know my crew 'The Stepbrothers' have won every year."